Chapter Nineteen: Cute

"Chapter Nineteen: C-Cute?! I'm Manly!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"The speech and facial expression 

that has gotten colder all of a sudden, 

I can only see our relationship withering,"

-Dead Leaves, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Your head bobbed up and down, as you tried to not fall asleep as breakfast was being served. Your eyes kept closing if not for Shownu poking your thigh every once in a while, trying his best to help you stay awake. 

You were able to get ten hours of sleep when your maids crashed in, crying about how they missed you. You grumbled you half-heartedly answered their question about where you have been, ignoring some answers. They sensed your tiredness from your journey and tried their best to make you as comfortable as possible for your breakfast with the princes and the foreign king.

So that's how it ended up with you having a blanket wrapped around your shoulders with a neck pillow making it harder for you to stay awake. 

Jungkook on your other side never wavered his glare on Shownu who only grinned innocently before going back to poking your thigh just as you were about to fall asleep. You were oblivious to the people beside you as you yawned quietly, nose wrinkling while your eyes fluttered. The other princes also glared at the actions of the uninvited king. 

"You know what, how about we switch?" Taehyung stood up from beside Shownu before pushing him off his chair and sitting beside you. You blinked, looking beside you, noticing that Taehyung now sits beside you instead of the annoying one and greeted him softly before leaning forward, falling asleep. Jungkook caught your figure before it slammed down on the bread placed before you and holding you in a princess hold, standing up.

"I'm taking her back to her room. Don't eat all the nuggets," He said, staring at Jimin before leaving, your maids at his wake. Namjoon suddenly stood up, walking towards the siren.

"Okay, no more playtime, what are you doing here?" Namjoon asked as multiple guards stood beside Shownu.

"You're supposed to be dead, right?" Hoseok asked while he stuffed his face with some bread. Shownu shrugged as he hid his fear, smiling cooly at the kings.

"I'm pretty surprised myself to see that I'm still breathing," Shownu answered as he ate one nugget from the table. Jimin growled as he glared at the king who grinned back. 

"Why are you here?" Yoongi asked, his ice-cold tone made the siren shiver. Shownu felt his chest thump painfully but still managed to grin, some grief slipping in his face.

"Turns out that Merinda wanted to kill Nyx for the bounty on her head." Shownu chuckled, his laughs shallow. The kings froze from what they were doing, feeling anger as to the thought that somebody wanted to kill their mate. Shownu didn't notice any of this as he rubbed his chest, eyes emotionlessly staring at the floor, no grin to hide his pain.

"Used me as the lure, trying to make Nyx take the bite." He sighed as he looked back up, a painful smile decorating his lips, tears brimming his eyes.