Chapter Fourteen: Hag

"Chapter Fourteen: Why You Old Hag-"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"My half-moon eye smile that I only showed,

I'm doing it again these days,"

-Coffee, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You thanked Gyuri as she gave you a cup of cappuccino, smiling as a response. You sipped a bit, letting run over your tongue as you sighed, contented cocooned by a blanket. Bam Bam has leaned back beside you, sipping on his tea. You grimaced as you kept your coffee close to you, overtaking your sense of smell.

-

After an hour, watching the princes fuss around, the trouble finally calms down, making Jin move everyone in the living room. You all took your seat, adjusting to find a comfortable position. Gyuri and Raven with other maids and butlers came, giving each person a drink and leaving. Raven gave you a blanket that confused you but you accepted it nonetheless. Gyuri asked you how many sugar cubes you wanted, making sure you would like the coffee that she would offer to you. You thank the partner at the end, making them beam before bowing at the royals, leaving the room. 

Silence wrapped around the living room like a fluffy blanket, for you. To the others, it was like a snake squeezing the life out of them. You calmly sip on your coffee, eyes closed while the others squirm in their places, waiting for someone to start a conversation. Jungkook pursed his lips before placing his juice on the table.

"So, would anyone would like to explain what happened?" He asked, looking directly at you. You stared back with hooded eyes, blinking slowly. Bam Bam, beside you, looked between the two of you before clearing his throat.

"What event exactly?" He asked, playing with the string of his teabag. 

"From the beach to an hour ago," Jimin butted in, staring at his mug of tea. Bam Bam looked at Hyun, who looked at you. You took a gulp of coffee before placing it on the table.

"It started even before the beach," You murmured, your words hanging on the air. The others listened to you intently, even the beta tilted his head toward you. 

"The man that fought with me, he's the one that wrote the letter." You stared at your cup, avoiding their gaze. You listened intently, focusing on their reactions. The princes shared a shocked expression while the captain and doctor sighed, signaling you that the princes told them about the unexpected letter. The beta furrowed his eyes as he looked away at the window.

"He scheduled a battle between him and a fighter at our camp to determine who owns the land and the people who live in it," You said, side-looking at Hyun who looked away.

"I was chosen to be the defender and now the battle was scheduled. It should be a month and a half away from this date. But what we didn't expect is that he would attack, with some of his best fighters." You looked straight up, clenching your jaw. You met the gaze of your mates, some holding serious looks, others looking with hatred pouring from their eyes.