Chapter Twenty-Three: Kaylee

*Trigger warning* this chapter may contain sensitive content.

"Kaylee" my mom yelled from her room. I walk in her room to see her laid out high. I hated seeing her like this, but ever since Eric was locked up, my step dad, she hasn't been the same. "Yes mom?" I asked her. "Bring me my bottle out the fridge" she told me. I walk in the kitchen to get her beer. "Mom you should really get up and shower." I told her. "You don't tell me what I should do." She said to me. "All I'm saying is you've been laying here all week, smoking and drinking." I told her. "When do your little judgmental ass go back to school?" She asked me. "I'll be gone in 2 days" I said walking out her room. She always treated me like everything was my fault. That's exactly why I went away to school in a different state.

I know you're probably wondering more about me, so I'm 19, a Freshman at Virginia State University. I was on a full ride for academics, I never let anything I've been through distract me from my studies because I knew I wanted to get out of here. When I was 12 my step dad started sexually assaulting me. At first he would just rub my legs while we were watching movies. Then he would start coming into the bathroom while I was in the shower taking pictures of me and masturbating. I finally told my mom the first time he did this, she didn't believe me. I remember vividly "You don't talk about people like that Kay! It's not funny" then she would smack me and tell me to go to my room. After he realized he was getting away with stuff like that, he would come in my room and touch on my body and make me touch him. I was so scared, but he always told me if I told my mom she wouldn't believe me and would make me leave. I believed him. This went on for years, when I turned 15 he raped me.
It was 3 in the morning, my mom was at work she normally worked the night shift on Monday and Tuesday. I was getting out the shower, when I heard the door open downstairs. I knew it had to be Eric, I tried to hurry and get dressed scared that he would try to mess with me. He removed all the locks on the doors in the house a while ago, so I couldn't lock my door. I put on a sweatshirt and some pajama pants. He walked into my room, clearly drunk. He closed the door behind him, he sat on my bed and was rubbing my legs. "You're drunk Eric. Leave me alone." I told him. He slapped me "shut up, don't talk!" He said. He pushed me back on my bed and pulled my pants off. He took off his pants. Climbed on top of me and held me down. I was so scared because he had never went this far before. I knew no one would hear me, I silently cried. He forced himself in me, I was in so much pain. He started panting in my ear, "I love you Kaylee, you know that right" he would tell me. I didn't respond, so he would slap me and yell "Don't ignore me!!" "I love you too" I said crying. When he was finished he would just get up, walk out my room and go watch tv like nothing ever happened.

That went on every Monday and Tuesday until I turned 18. I was at school one day and in the middle of class I ran out to throw up. I was scared because I knew he would never protect himself when he would force me. I immediately went to the nurse and told her everything. They called the police and my grandma because I told them my mom didn't believe me. My grandma was so hurt and mad at the same time. I had to go to the hospital, but I kept trying to tell them he hadn't touched me since Monday the last week. It was like he knew and I was no longer an interest to him. When the doctor finally told me I could get the blood test done, I was happy because this meant he would go to jail for good. That's exactly what happened. When my 9 months came around and it was time to give birth, I was ready for it all to be over. I wasn't keeping the baby, I couldn't. I gave it up for adoption. I don't even know if it's a boy or a girl. I never cared to know.
—————
Now it's crazy because I try not to let my past effect me, but I'm always seeking love and approval from guys. He damaged me. I would get really attached to guys, they were always toxic and I would never care. I was glad I had met Chris because it didn't seem like he was bad for me. He was really funny and nice. He never called me out my name and he was polite. I liked him. It was weird talking to him since he was still in high school, but I couldn't help who I liked.
I was sitting in my room waiting for him to come get me so we could go to the movies. He wanted to go see Black Panther and then go eat. I was down to do anything with him if it meant getting out this house. I decided to get on Instagram and post a picture.

Liked by @Chris_G and 800 others @Kayleeee: Damn baby they don't make em like you no more ✨

@Kayleeee: Damn baby they don't make em like you no more ✨

Liked by @Chris_G and 800 others @Kayleeee: Damn baby they don't make em like you no more ✨

@NaomiLooks: #tbt

I had followed Naomi on IG because I saw how much Chris cared about her and had to make sure she wasn't a threat to what we had going on, but whoever Jefe Tana is seemed like that was her boyfriend or something. It was time for Chris to move on because he has me now and that's just that. I'm all he needs.

AH MAN! Kaylee's damaged. Chris can't catch a break. Do y'all think she will tell him about her past or keep it to herself?

Why she following Naomi though?

Thanks for reading you guys!