Chapter Thirty-Two: April

Weeks after the resort
It had been almost 2 weeks since I left the resort and I actually feel so much better. I don't know if it's because of Clo or because I really got the entire experience while out there. We had been communicating and stuff, I didn't think I would be willing to talk to her after the resort, but I actually appreciate talking to her everyday. Clo was one of those people that made you curious about them, that made you happy to have them to be real. She was different, she wanted to be your friend more than anything else. She pushed me to become a better me the entire time on the resort, she's genuine. The only thing is of course I'm in Atlanta and she's in North Carolina.
*ring ring*
"Wassup shawty" Clo said. "Hey girl" I replied. "When you gone come see me?" She asked me. "Why you cant come see me? I'm not trying to leave Sa again." I told her. "Word, I'll come see you this weekend if we being honest" she replied. "Okay, I'll see you this weekend then" I said hanging up the phone. Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do with my hair & what we're going, to do for the weekend, so we aren't bored.

Me: Can you watch Sa this weekend?
Tana: Damn you just got back.
Me: nigga I been back for 2 weeks, you can get her.
Tana: Nah not this weekend, I got plans.
Me: wow ok Tana 🙄

Damn now I gotta see if my mom will watch Sa or ima have to tell Clo she can't come. I can't let her meet my baby yet.
————
Later that day
"Mommy I want to go over there" Sa said pointing to the carousel. "Okay boo, come on" I told her. We had been out at the carnival for almost 2 hours now and she still wasn't tired of getting on stuff. I was ready to go, but I told her we could do whatever she wanted to since I was gone for so long. "Ooooo cotton candy!" I heard her say. "This is your last treat boo" I told her. "Mommmmyy noooooo" She said throwing a tantrum. "Saniyah Jones don't start that shit" I responded "straighten up now!" She stopped pouting and we went to get the cotton candy.

Saniyah was on the baby swings, smiling every time she passed me. "Yo April?!" I heard someone say behind me. I turn around to see Chris. "Oh shit look at you" I responded. "I really been meaning to reach out to you after everything I heard went down" he said. "Yeah it's cool, I'm good. Who you here with?" I asked him. "My girl Kaylee over there somewhere playing a game." He responded. "Your girl? Wow interesting." I responded. "How is that interesting April?" He asked. "You sure weren't tryna do all of that with me" I said. "April, I'm sorry for how everything went down with us foreal, but don't compare the situations." He said. "I hear you, well ima go get my baby. Bye" I just walked away. I really could have went without that entire encounter. I still couldn't believe he made me get an abortion, but at this point it's almost a year old.
—————-
"Ma, can you please watch Sa this weekend?" I pleaded with my mom. "When don't you need me to watch her girl?" She asked me. "Damn you acting like I never have my child, nevermind ma" I replied. "Girl calm your ass down. Bring her Friday." She said. "Okay thanks mom" I said hanging up.

Me: We good to go now. My mom is going to take Sa for the weekend.
Clo: Word? I'll see you Friday then.

Damn was I feeling Clo like that? I was really over here trying to find someone to watch my baby for this girl to come down here. I loved being around Clo, but if I'm being real I really just wanted her to eat my pussy all weekend. If she couldn't do shit else, she was good at that shit. I think it's funny because I think she be thinking I'm going to eat hers too, but I never been the type. It's just not in me. I done a had my run with relationships, so I really just want to have fun, but having fun is where I went wrong with Chris. Ima just go with the flow I guess.

Friday Morning

I was getting dressed because Clo said she was an hour away, I couldn't front I was excited to see her. I didn't have a lot planned for us, but I decided to plan at least 1 or 2 things for us to do. I decided to go downstairs and start cooking breakfast, so we could eat when she got here. I made bacon, pancakes, sausage, grits, and cut up some fruit for us to eat. It lowkey reminded me of how we ate at the buffets at the resort. I made Clo pancakes with chocolate chips because that's how her weird ass likes to eat them. She better appreciate all this effort I'm putting into her too because I don't do stuff like this.
"Yo, I know you ain't cut up like this now did you?" Clo said walking into the kitchen. "Yeah, I figured I would welcome you appropriately." I replied. "Damn ma, the chocolate chips too! Yeah you real for that" she said giving me a tight ass hug. "You missed me huh?" I asked her. "You damn right I missed you, I might have to fuck with you more often shawty" she said jokingly. "Listen to you, getting ahead of yourself." I responded. "Damn it's like that? I can't fuck with you more?" She asked me. "Girl, you just got here, don't press me. Let's eat" I said trying to avoid any questions she had about being serious with me. I just wasn't ready for all of that right now. "You look nice though. What you got planned for us today?" Clo asked me. "Thanks love & I was thinking Cocoa-Cola Museum and then the Pink Trap House, that's cool?" I asked her. "Yeah sounds good to me, I'm ready whenever you are" we grabbed our jackets and headed out.