Chapter Twenty-Six: Chris

It was a week before Christmas and I had to figure out what I wanted to get Kay. I had to show her how much I appreciate her. We had officially started dating the day before Thanksgiving. It's been solid ever since. She really keeps me levelheaded. I never feel the urge to lash out on her and my thoughts about Naomi have been at a minimum foreal. I don't know what it is about shawty, but I fuck with it.

Kay🥰: hey boo, I just finished my last exam. I can't wait to see you.
Me: proud of you ma. I can't wait to see you either
Kay🥰: I'll stop by your crib first before going home. I miss you 😘
Me: Word? I miss you too Kay ❤️

I had our whole day planned out for when Kay got here. We were going to have an indoor picnic during the day and then I was going to take her ice skating that night. She always told me how she wanted to do both, but never got a chance to, so I know she'll appreciate this. I knew I really liked her because she told me that she isn't pressed to have sex with me and that she wants to wait until she knows 100% she's ready, which is how it should be anyway, but I hadn't even thought about sex with her. I just love her vibe, I love being around her, talking to her. She opens my mind. It's crazy because I love the hell out of Naomi, but she never made me feel like this. I think Kaylee makes me want to grow up more.

I was waking up from a nap seeing Kaylee had called me a couple of times. "Hey Kay, my bad I was sleep." I told her. "I'm home now, I'll come by tomorrow" she said, she sound mad. "You mad because I was sleep?" I asked her. "I'm not mad, but you knew I was coming." she said. "I know Kay, let me come get you. We can go to the movies." I told her. "I guess, okay. Let me get dressed." she told me. "Aii, I'll be there in like 30 minutes." I hung up. I know she didn't think I was just gone let her be upset with me. I decided to put on a sweatshirt and some jeans, keep it simple. It was cold as hell outside.
I pulled up to her house, it was small, I had never really paid attention to it before. I realized I don't know much about Kaylee's personal life. She never really talked about her childhood. Maybe that was for a reason though, so I won't press the issue. It'll come up one day. She came outside, she looked good as hell. "Hey baby, you look good" I told her giving her a kiss. "Aww thanks Chris, look at you paying attention to me." she said. "Duh, what kind of man would I be if I didn't pay attention to my lady?" I asked her. "Your lady, huh?" she asked. "That's what I said." I said simply.
----------
After the movie
"Let's go eat. I don't want to go home right now." Kaylee told me. "That's cool with me, where you want to go?" I asked her. "Is Olive Garden too much?" she asked me. "Too much? Girl, you can have whatever you want." I told her. Granted my mom wasn't rich, especially being a single parent, but she always made sure my sister and I were straight. She gave me a weekly allowance. She was a lawyer, she had a big case recently that helped her career a lot, so we were good. "Oh well excuse me big spender" she said laughing. "I'm just saying, I always got you and if I don't, I'll tell you that. Ima keep it a band at all times" I told her. "I appreciate that. I'm not used to that honestly." I could tell she was feeling sad about something. "We don't have to get into all of that right now. Let's finish enjoying our night." I told her. "Okay, I'm really hungry anyway." She said. "We'll be there in 10 minutes" I told her.