Chapter 1: The Childhood Crush

May 17th

[Steve's Perspective]

"So she's a Randle?" Two-bit took a swig of his pepsi and let out a chuckle. "Well shoot, must be one hell of a charmer then!"

"Not nearly as charming as me, but she's alright." I joked. "Better than her folks though."

"What's wrong with her family?" Johnny asked, eyes seeming wary of my words.

"Well my uncle and aunt are. . ." I hesitated, lookin' for the right words to describe my cousin's family, "Their kind isn't too fond of guys like us."

"So she's a soc?" Pony had asked, summin' up what I had wanted to avoid flat out sayin' .

"Look I'm not askin' you all to like her, but I expect you all to at least be nice to her while she's here. Is that understood?"

"I'll try my best not to upset the little duchess but im making no promises." Dally smirked. "By the way, how long did you say she'd be staying here again?"

[Chapter 1: May 26th ]

[Cordelia's perspective]

Three knocks were heard from outside my bedroom door shortly followed by the voice of Lucy, my family's maid. "Cordelia, may I come in?"

"You may. I've just about finished getting ready." I informed her.

"Well we better hurry on down, Ms. Randle, or you'll be late for your flight."

"I know, I know." I sighed. "I just don't understand why mom and dad cant just let me stay home by myself this summer instead of sending me off to Oklahoma to be supervised by family. I'm eighteen now, not some child who is totally incapable of taking care of themselves."

"They're just looking out for you."

"You mean they don't trust me." I had clarified.

"Look at this trip in a more positive light, will you? You get to see your cousin again after. . . " Lucy had paused beginning to think to try and remember how long I've been separated from my him. " How long has it been?"

"Nine to ten years now." I estimated. "I guess that is a positive. Steve and I used to have all sorts of mini adventures when we were younger."

"And that friend of his. What was his name again? The one you used to tell me about all the time."

"Sodapop," I reminded her. Doing so I had surprised myself that I still remembered the name of Steves friend. "But Lucy, that was over ten years ago. We were kids. Who knows if him and Steve are even still friends and if he'd even remember me."

A lot has changed since my family and I had moved to the west coast, myself especially. Who knows how different Tulsa, and the people there had become after I had left.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The plane ride to Tulsa had lasted a few hours but felt as if the ride there had taken ages. Part of me was excited to be back home but another part of me was nervous of what was to become of my summer after the plane was to land.

After claiming my luggage I waited outside at the front of the airport where Lucy had said Steve had promised to be to pick me up.