city girls

a/n: i can't get this song out of my head. plz help. this is also sumn quick that i wanted to write so (: hope u like this lil fun one

word count: 908 words

You were in your room, your safe space. Despite living with the other Avengers, you knew that they knew the way you were: quiet and attentive during missions, but a whole other person in your room. You did whatever you felt in there, even if Tony would playfully scold at you for blasting music while he's in his lab and even if you woke everyone else up.

After today's successful team mission, you were exceptionally happy. After kicking lots of ass, you could use a post-mission hype song. You hopped into the shower and blasted some music, but none of it really satisfied your need for an upbeat anthem. You set your Spotify songs on shuffle in hopes of finding a song that would do so before you got out of your room for food.

Song after song, none seemed to really do it for you. Though you almost felt satisfied with "m.A.A.d city" by Kendrick, it didn't really cut it.

But City Girls did.

Something about rapping about sugar daddies and money made you jump on your bed and bang your head while you rapped along with the lyrics. As you were jumping on your bed, you hear the door open but don't pay attention to it because you were too into your personal performance to even care.

"Y/N?" Steve peeped his head into your room. His pure blue eyes looked up at you as you brought your rapping to an end. You lightly blushed as you plopped yourself down on the bed.

"What's up? You came to see my concert?" You asked as you laughed and turned down your music. You always joked around with Steve to hide that you had the biggest crush on him. Being sarcastic alongside Stark was always a way for you to healthily cope with feelings you didn't know how to handle, but when you were alone with Steve, it was a little harder to hide that you had feelings for him.

"Not really... I'm not really a fan for the cussing," Steve replied and laughed as he came into your room and sat across from you on a chair you had at your desktop table. "But I did come to tell you that you're very entertaining to watch, darlin'."

"So you're telling me that you watch me without me knowing?" You asked and laughed as you brushed a couple strands of hair behind your ear. Steve's cheeks flushed into a bright pink color as he scratched the back of his head.

"Not really, it's just when I walked in you seemed to be having a good time," Steve justified and pushed his hair back. "Anyways, I have to go do something really quick, I just wanted to stop by and make sure you're all good after the mission."

"That's nice of you, thanks Steve," You responded and smiled before he left your room and closed the door. Right after he did so, you felt slight regret for not telling him how you felt about him. Then, you would analyze every detail of what had just occurred to see if he felt the same way. This hadn't gotten you far though, because Steve was the kindest soul to anyone he came across.

Later that night, you went out to make yourself a cereal bowl in the kitchen. Everyone seemed to be asleep, except for one person. As you crept through the hallway with your bowl of cereal, there was a beat that was all too familiar. You peeped through the thin opening of the door to see Steve head-banging to the same song you were performing earlier. You knock and hear Steve tell you to come in as you see him turn off the music that he had "disapproved" of earlier that day. Maybe this would be your chance to tell him how you really felt about him.

"You having fun? I thought you didn't like cussing?" You said as you laughed and saw Steve's cheeks grow pink as he caught onto how you had gotten there.

"Uhh, well... I like the beat," Steve responded and chuckled as he brushed his hand in his hair. "And... it's the clean version."

You laughed in response and began to walk out, because you didn't know how else to continue the conversation.

"Y/N! Wait!" Steve pleaded and ran behind you to get closer.

"What happened, Steve?" You asked as your heart began to beat faster than it ever did, even on missions. You feel your face get warm as Steve puts his hands on your arms and faces you.

"Every time I hear a song you play, I'll listen to it. I hope this isn't weird, but I really like you, Y/N," Steve paused and looked into your eyes, seeing your sudden shock. "And I really want to make you as happy as these songs make you."

This made your heart flutter more than it ever had before. More than whenever he called you darlin' or sweetheart.

"So what do you say Y/N?" Steve asked, his eyes glowing more than ever. "Can I take you out and be yours, sweetheart?"

You nodded as you hugged him and rested your head on his shoulder, feeling his warm embrace surrounding you. One of his arms was wrapped around your waist as the other stroked your hair softly.

Who knew rapping about sugar daddies and money would win Captain America over?