prank call

You, Sam, Tony, and Nat were bored out of your minds. Tony wanted a break from tinkering on his projects, Nat didn't have Clint (he was on a mission), and Sam was just hanging out with you.

"Why don't we prank call Steve?" You proposed as everyone became interested.

"Oh, yes," Sam said mischievously as Nat rubbed her palms against each other.

"What should we say?" You asked, grabbing your phone.

"You're kidnapped," Sam responded, entering Steve's phone number. "Who's gonna be her kidnapper?"

"I'll do it!" Tony volunteered, immediately grabbing the phone and waiting for everyone to get serious before the call.

"Okay, everyone, quiet okay?" You looked at Sam, Tony, and Nat as Tony pressed the call button.

"Hey sweetie!" You heard Steve's voice from the phone's speaker. You felt slightly guilty at hearing the innocence in Steve's voice but you were fucking bored.

Tony cleared his throat dramatically and responded with, "Captain Rogers. We have your girlfriend and you'll get her back when you come with our ransom of..."

"Of ten dollars and a box of donuts!" Sam deepened his throat and demanded before Tony hurriedly hung up the phone. Everyone burst out laughing.

"Oh my god, this is so worth the lecture he's gonna give us," Nat chuckled as she high-fived Tony.

"We should call again, but this time, have Y/N on the phone," Sam suggested as everyone laughed and dialed his number again.

"Steve!" You pretended to be scared. "Steve, please come help me. I got myself into a mess and I need your help. I'm at the tower, in my room. Please hurry!" You cried out and Nat hung up, holding back a laugh.

After the laughter died down, you all looked at each other and realized the possible damage you have done.

"Holy shit, Steve's gonna kill us!! He'll kill me the hardest!" You said, feeling your pulse get faster.

"I think he'll take better enjoyment of killing me harder," Tony said, reassuring you as he realized that he, along with Sam, was one of the kidnappers in the phone call.

"I could leave right now and pretend like I was never a part of this, but I love Y/N too much to leave her to Steve's wrath," Nat pointed out as you hugged her with thankfulness. Then, you heard yelling.

Steve's POV

Who was calling me? Oh, it was Y/N.

"Hey sweetie!" I said into the phone as I walked through the aisles of the grocery store.

"Captain Rogers. We have your girlfriend and you'll get her back when you come with our ransom of ten dollars and a box of donuts!" The other end of the call said before hanging up. Hm. There wasn't a location shared or anything. It was probably Sam.

Then, my phone rang again. It was Y/N again.

"Steve!" Y/N cried into the phone. "Steve, please come help me. I got myself into a mess and I need your help. I'm at the tower, in my room, please hurry!"

This was a prank. Y/N wasn't on a mission, why would she be in a mess? In her room?

And Tony was the one on the phone, alongside Sam.

"You guys seriously need to be better at changing accents," I thought to myself, putting my phone in my pocket. But I thought I'd have fun with them. Anyways, it was a prank after all. Why not prank back? I picked up my phone once I thought of a plan.

"Hey, Buck?" I asked, waiting for him to respond. "I'm gonna need your help with something. Meet me downstairs the tower in ten."

With that, I smirked and put my phone back in my pocket. This was going to be fun.

Your POV

"Steve should be here soon," You nervously tapped your phone. "What exactly did we plan on doing after he got here?"

"We can lock the door, keep the lights off, and jump at him?" Sam suggested.

"Yeah, if you want us to die," Nat scoffed and rested against the headboard.

"How about we tie Y/N up and–"

"Where the fuck is my girlfriend?!" Steve yelled as his steps neared your room.

"Oh shit," You, Nat, Tony, and Sam said in unison.

"I guess we'll have to go with Sam's plan," Tony shrugged as he slowly locked the door and turned off the light. From Steve's direction, you heard a gun cock and doors being forced open.

"Mr. Rogers, what's going on?" You heard Peter ask. Poor Peter, you dragged him into this dramatic situation.

"Y/N's in trouble," You heard Steve say as you all stifled a laugh in your dark room.

"What?! I coulda sworn she was in her room?" Peter questioned, but the voices became silent. Hm.

Then, the pound of the door came. You all jolted at the sudden outburst, but remained silent.

"Open the door, or I'm gonna turn this wall into shreds!" Steve yelled, banging on the door. "Bucky is past his murderous tendencies, but I swear to god, he'll bring all that back and murder you all!"

You then looked at each other in fear. Bucky was merciless on missions, and he would be merciless now.

"I think I should take one for the team," You said and walked up to the door. Opening it, Steve was standing with his arms crossed against his chest. Uh oh.

"Uh..." Your voice trailed off as you saw Bucky and Peter hiding behind Steve, holding back a laugh. Steve looked at you, unimpressed. "Pranked ya?"

"Not even close," Steve scoffed, walking into your room and turning the lights on to reveal Nat, Sam, and Tony using pillows as cover. "Guys."

They all walked out in shame, but still not regretting the prank call.

"Y/N, doll," Steve sat on the edge of the bed and patted the spot beside him.

"I'm sorry, Stevie," You sighed. "I was really bored."

"It's okay, doll. Just don't ever underestimate my ability to prank back, okay?" Steve laughed as he pulled you over him and laid down, showering you with kisses.

"Gotcha," You smiled in between kisses and wrapped your arms around Steve.