sick day(s)

a/n: my brain is finally (kind of) functioning.

Slowly waking up, you felt a small cramp in your lower abdomen. Fully coming to your senses, you got out from the bed and noticed a puddle of blood.

"Y/N, are you okay, doll?" Steve mumbled as he turned over and saw blood on your shared bed. His eyes widened and he fully woke up. "Who did this to you?!"

"Don't worry, Steve, mother nature paid me a visit," You groaned as he got off the bed and you took off the sheets to wash. After, you picked out a new pair of underwear and took a warm shower to relax to.

After getting out, you changed into different pajamas and laid in bed– Steve had put new sheets while you were showering.

"What does one do when their girlfriend is on their period?" Steve asked Sam and Bucky, furrowing his eyebrows and taking a sip of his coffee.

"Give her this, this, and this," Bucky explained as he pulled out a bottle of painkillers, a heating pad, and chocolate. Steve smiled in appreciation and got up, walking towards your room.

"Steve?" You asked as your hand gripped to your stomach. You felt like utter shit, this week of the month was always the worst.

"Hey, sweetheart, I got you a couple of things to make you feel better," Steve said softly as he laid down next to you and handed each item to you.

"Thank you so much, Stevie," You groaned, taking the painkillers right away. You bundled up into Steve, resting your head on his chest.

This was the start of the longest week of your life. Pain seemed to be the only thing on your mind as you tried to go on with your daily life. On your third day, you had a mission to do, but the team let you pass on this one because they didn't want to risk you getting hurt.

You remained in your bed for the week. Tony stayed behind, promising to look out for you when Steve was gone.

"How ya doin', kid?" Tony asked softly as he brought in a bowl of soup.

You groaned, turning on your bedside lap and sat up. "Horrible, I hate every part of this."

Tony chuckled as he sat down beside you and gave you the soup. You happily ate it, your stomach gradually feeling better.

"Thanks Tony," You smiled weakly as you bundled up in your blankets again. Tony smiled and closed your door, putting the dish into the sink.

"Y/N!" Steve's voice filled the halls as he ran into your room. "How are you feeling, doll?"

"Lots better, Stevie, thanks for taking care of me," You smiled as you planted a kiss on his lips.

"Y'know, I think I know a way we can stop the periods for a while," He chuckled and winked at you.

"Not a chance, Rogers. At least, not yet," You smiled and laughed, turning off the light and bundling up next to Steve and falling asleep, forgetting the pain and finally feeling at peace.