homecoming

a/n: lol im obsessed with high school aus BYEE

also i tried making this as cheesy as possible bc ive been on a 2000's chick flick binge recently

——

You woke up, the sun hitting your room just right. You got out from your bed, yawning as you walked towards your closet and chose what you'd be wearing for the day. You chose a yellow, plaid skirt to go with a white button-up shirt.

School was like a circus. It was filled with other teenagers that you had grown up with, and it was interesting, needless to say. Even if you were definitely one of the popular crowd, you definitely had more intelligence than 90% of your class's population, which was something a lot of people envied you for.

You peaked out the window to see if your neighbor had woken up, you always waved a 'hello' and 'good night' to each other through the window. Almost as if on cue, he had woken up and stretched. Yawning still, he looked towards your direction and waved. You chuckled, waving back. He opened his window, as did you.

"See ya at school, Y/N!" He said, you smiling.

"See ya there, Rogers!" You waved again, then turning to go back to your morning routine.

The truth was, you had a soft spot for him. Steven Rogers. He was the quiet, yet very insightful kid in your classes, the one who barely ever had anything to say but when he did, it blew everyone's minds. He was tall and fit, yet was definitely the funniest, clumsiest guy you had ever met. You never really told anyone this, but he was the reason you'd never date any of the guys who came running behind you.

You got into your car after you finished getting ready for the day and put your music on before leaving. A few minutes later, you pulled into your parking spot and saw your friends hanging around nearby.

"So, homecoming's soon, do you know who you're going with?" Your best friend, Nat, asked.

"I kind of don't feel like going," You shrugged, smiling at the rest of your friends. They all looked at each other in confusion.

"But Y/N, it's our senior year, you have to go," Your other friend, Peggy insisted. You chuckled, shaking your head a little.

"I don't know, I know who I'd want to go with, but it's not gonna happen," You shrugged, rolling your eyes as everyone else did the same.

"Y/N, any guy would be lucky to even be considered by you to be your date. Who is it?!" Nat chuckled, elbowing you a little bit.

"Y'know, Steve? My neighbor? I've always had the biggest crush on him, but I'm way too nervous to even say anything more than 'hey'. And I just don't know if he'd even say yes," You explained, shrugging as you clutched the books in your hands.

"I mean, it doesn't hurt to try," Nat suggested, giving you a reassuring smile as did the rest of your friends.

"Maybe, I'll think about it," You smiled, clutching the books in your hands.

"And if he doesn't say yes, he doesn't know what he's missing out on," Your other friend, Wanda, said, earning a nod from everyone else. The bell rang, meaning you began to walk to class with your friends.