supermarket

a/n: i felt compelled to write something based on this album so here's this!! this is how i pictured steve in this imagine (:

inspired by mxrvelous-trxsh's song fics!! go check em out!

lyrics will be in italics (:

word count: 994

"Where is my girl?
The one I've been waiting for"

"Hey, Steve!" You greeted as you walked into the store.

"Hey, Y/N! Nice to see you," Steve replied as you made your way to the back of the supermarket. Steve's heart raced as he saw you, he thought you were the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Everyday you would stop by to get whatever you were in the mood for, which made him anticipate the next day he had a shift. He stood at the cash register, thinking about you and softly smiling as he saw you grab your favorite iced coffee drink. However, the bottle slipped out of your fingers.

"Shit!" You practically yelled as the glass bottle fell to the ground and shattered. Steve came running, mop ready to clean the spilled drink. "I am so sorry, Steve."

"If I wasn't stuck in this store
I'd give you the world
I think this here could start it
Come now, be my girl"

"It's no problem, Y/N," Steve responded as he cleaned the floor and picked up the glass. He fixed his glasses as he threw away the pieces of glass from the bottle and handed you a new bottle.

"I definitely shouldn't be trusted with glass bottles," You joked as Steve looked at you and walked by your side up to the cash register. He chuckled softly and hopped over the counter, going back to his little corner behind the cash register.

"It's okay, it happens to all of us," Steve reassured as you placed the bottle on the counter. He looked at you and pulled a dollar out from his pocket, opening the cash register and placing it inside.

"What! Steve, get your money out of there," You said as you swatted his hand and put a dollar bill in the cash register.

"Consider this a way for me to show that I wanna be friends outside of this supermarket thing," Steve shrugged as he tried to reason with you.

"Hm.. you won't get in trouble?" You responded as you crossed your arms over your chest. Steve shook his head and slid the bottle across the counter with your dollar bill. "Okay... I'll trust you then."

You took the money back and grabbed your drink slowly as you opened your bag. "Alright, see ya tomorrow Steve!"

"Have a nice night, Y/N!" Steve responded as the bells on the doors rang, leaving him alone. He sighed and sat back in his stool, regretting not slipping his number with your drink.

"Dance with me in this department
Inside of this Supermarket, baby
With me in this department
Inside of this Supermarket, baby"

You walked into the supermarket the next day with your hood on and covering your face. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying, despite your efforts to seem as calm and collected as possible, nothing helped. Earlier that day, your boyfriend of three years had broken up with you and you were devastated.

"Hello, Y/N!" Steve greeted with that signature smile he always greeted you with.

"Hey, Steve," You softly said as you grabbed a small tub of ice cream. You pulled your wallet out and brought out a five-dollar bill.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Steve asked as he noticed your usual, uplifting self less uplifting than usual.

"Ugh, it's so dumb. I don't wanna bother you Steve," You responded softly and sniffled. Steve handed you a tissue and you took it, smiling in appreciation.

"Well, if it's any reassurance, there's nobody else in here. You can talk to me if you want to, Y/N," Steve reassured as he locked the cash register and climbed over the counter. "Plus, I have to mop so I'll be out here anyways if you need me."

"Thanks Steve, I think I'll take you up on that offer," You quietly said as you sat on the counter. "Are you sure you won't—"

"Y/N, I work here all the time. My manager trusts me. You'll be okay. Don't stress," Steve said as he put his hand on your arm for a brief second and grabbed the broom. "So what brings you down, sweetheart?"

"It's just, my boyfriend and I just broke up earlier today. Kinda sucks but I'm starting to finally see that maybe it was for the best," You responded as you played with your phone case.

"I'm really sorry about that, Y/N," Steve said as he stopped brooming the floor. He looked at you with a soft, sympathetic look on his face. "It's his loss, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Not just appearance, you're one of the most genuine people I've ever met. Just know that there is more beyond him, and that more may be right in front of you. It may be a thousand miles away from you now."

You blushed, taking in everything Steve had just told you. He smiled softly at you and took your hand. He pulled you in for a hug, your arms wrapped around his neck and his resting on your waist. You didn't know what it was, but your heart began to beat faster than normal, and you didn't want it to stop. In Steve's arms, you felt safe. Safer than you ever felt with anyone else. You felt his heart beat faster and smiled softly, knowing that you wanted this moment to last forever.

"Maybe one day, she'll be mine
I guess we'll all know in due time
I got a heavy heart and a lot on my mind
But, beautiful girl, you're one of a kind"

Steve felt his heart beat faster and blushed, knowing that Y/N would feel it. But it didn't matter because she was in his arms. He loved her and wanted to tell her, but knew he would have to wait. This was enough for the time being and nothing made Steve feel more content.

a/n: sorry for this awkward note at the end lol but should I make a separate book for tony? i've been thinking about it for a bit and i'm a little tempted.

on a separate note: thank you all for 200 reads!! it means a bunch <3