just a scratch

"Watch out! Agent to your right," You shouted, kicking them on the side before they lunged at Steve.

"Thanks, Y/N," He smiled, punching the agent as they tried to get back up and attack you. "Agent to your left."

"Thanks, Steve," You chuckled, shaking your head as you jumped onto the side of the wall and kicked a couple of agents down before running along the halls and going towards the quinjet.

"Let's get going now," You motioned Steve, who was catching his breath. He trotted over in a skipping type of manner, catching up to you and running through the corridor. As you ran together, you tripped over as a fallen agent grabbed your ankle.

"Steve!" You shouted as you tried to fight off the agent, but they had gotten up and had the upper hand. Steve practically jumped onto them, blocking their knife and knocking them unconscious.

You two ran and finally reached the quinjet, laughing at your close call as the ramp closed and you two laid on the floor.

"Thank god this thing has autopilot," You chuckled, wincing as you moved your arm.

"You okay?" Steve asked, a sincere look on his face.

"Yeah, I think I just got a scratch or something. Nothing horrible," You shrugged as Steve looked for the wound treatment supplies.

"We gotta clean it, I don't want you to get an infection," Steve demanded, resulting in you taking your top off. Steve grabbed some water and wiped your arm clean to reveal a cut on your upper arm.

"This'll probably feel a little funny," Steve warmed before rubbing the cut with hydrogen peroxide. You two were sitting across from each other, sitting in silence as Steve treated your wound. While Steve was doing his thing, you observed him quietly, noticing little things that you never paid much attention to before. Like the way a couple of strands of hair kind of hung freely onto his face and the way he'd try to blow them away, and the way he made sure that you were okay. Of course, it was mutual, but Steve always went above and beyond to do it for you.

"All done," Steve smiled, finishing off the bandage wrapped around your arm. He looked back up into your eyes, looking at you as if he was given the best news in the world.

"Thanks, Steve," You smiled softly, keeping quiet before you both inched towards each other. Your eyes met his gaze before you closed your eyes and touched your lips with his.

A few moments passed before you both pulled away, seeing each other with equally bashful yet joyous reactions.

"That was nice," Steve admitted, chuckling after. You nodded in response and sighed happily.

"It was."