jealous

a/n: we get an angry steve here >:(

It was any other day at the compound. You were working with Tony and Bruce in the lap, but you were helping Tony on one of his suits.

Every development you helped Tony with was always exciting to test out. After all, the suits were his babies, but you helped take part in developing them as well. He gave you some of the credit.

"Hey, Y/N," Tony said, breaking the silence in the lab.

"Hm?" You asked, still focusing on the gauntlet you were working on.

"I just wanna say thanks for always helping me out. It's fun having an addition to the science bros," Tony smiled as he tinkered on the boot of the suit you were working on.

"It's no problem, Stark. I have fun helping you out here," You joyfully responded, continuing your work.

[ five hours later ]

It was now midnight. You were still working on the suit, but now on the helmet of the suit. Tony went upstairs to get some snacks for the two of you because you had been in there all day, and if you weren't going to get sleep, you were still going to eat.

"Y/N," You heard a voice say from the lab entrance. You looked up to see your boyfriend, Steve.

"Hey, Stevie," You smiled as you walked up to him and hugged him tightly while kissing him. He wasn't happy. "What's wrong?"

You furrowed your eyebrows and let your grip slowly loosen. Steve sighed, wrapping his arms softly around your waist.

"It's just," Steve started and looked at you with his sad, blue eyes. You noticed the dark circles under his eyes, it was like he hadn't slept at all. "I miss you. I miss spending time with you. You're always here with Tony and Bruce, it feels like I never see you."

You stayed silent, mostly because you knew he was right. But you needed to finish working on this suit before your next mission, which was in two days. You shifted uneasily, not knowing how to answer.

"Are you coming with me, Y/N?" Steve asked while yawning and stretching. He looked at you with a tired look, waiting for a response.

"I'm sorry, Steve, but I have to–"

"Yeah, yeah. It's fine," Steve snapped before you could finish. He walked to the door, grabbing the handle.

"Steve," You firmly said, grabbing his other arm before he left.

"What do you want me to do, Y/N?" Steve angrily asked again. "You're always here and I understand that this is your space. But I wait everyday for you to come out and to come to bed with me, to do anything, even if it was just a quick hello. I want to be with you for more than a quick second once in a while and it gets lonely without the person I want to be with the most."

With that, you let go of his wrist and he left. Tony walked in almost immediately, seeing your upset face. He knew you didn't want to talk about it, so he didn't mention it.

"I made us smoothies," Tony softly smiled, setting yours down in front of you.

"Thanks, Tony," You smiled, taking a sip from the smoothie. This was going to be a long night.

You tinkered as time passed by, and almost subconsciously, you lost yourself in thought.

"Y/N?" Tony asked, noticing that your eyes became watery and you began to sniffle.

"Huh? Oh," You realized as you took a napkin and blew your nose.

"You should get to bed. We're already done," Tony smiled as he grabbed your piece of the suit and set it on the table. He opened the lab door and followed you out. "Good night, Y/N."

"Night, Tony," You said before getting into your room and closing the door behind you. You saw Steve snuggled in bed and sighed.

You changed into one of Steve's t-shirts and into some shorts, then brushed your teeth to head to bed.

"Y/N?" Steve mumbled as he stirred awake. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at you.

"I'm here, Stevie," You whispered as you pulled him in for a hug. "I'm sorry that I'm always in the lab. I'm–"

"It's okay, sweetie. You're here now and I couldn't be happier," Steve said, kissing you and wrapping you in his warmth. You drifted off to sleep, never feeling more grateful for the sleep you were getting and the boyfriend you have.