the sunrise

If you were being honest, you were dead tired. You thought that taking advantage of the early morning to head on your beach trip with Steve was going to be a great idea, but oh boy, you were starting to regret your decision.

"C'mon hun, it's time," Steve whispered, climbing onto the bed and hovering over you. He kissed your forehead as you grabbed his pillow, hitting him with it. He tumbled over exaggeratively, pretending to be hurt. "Don't be mad at me, you told me to wake you up if you didn't wake up on time."

"I hate that I said that," You chuckled softly, groaning as slowly opened your eyes and sat up. You took a few moments to slowly wake up, then getting out of bed and dressing in overalls and putting on your favorite shirt and shoes to complete your outfit. You two packed the car, making sure you had everything from beach towels to sunscreen.

"I'm gonna shut my eyes for a bit," You told Steve, who was driving. He hummed in response, smiling as you snuggled in your seat. The sun hadn't shown yet, which meant you hoped that the sunrise would be your cue to wake up.

You drifted off to a comfortable and nice sleep, but woke up to the car engine turning off and the sound of the car wheels going over the rubble and dirt that were the shoulders of the road.

"Where are we?" You groaned, opening your eyes slowly and stretching your arm out to Steve. He laughed softly, intertwining his fingers with yours and kissing your knuckles.

"The sun's rising, I thought you'd maybe wanna stop and take it in," He smiled, turning the engine off completely.

"Thanks Steve," You smiled, leaning over and giving him a kiss on the cheek. You two snuggled together in the front seats and stared at the sky as the sun came in, the colors going from dark, dark blue to beautiful purple and orange.

"It's so pretty," You swooned, taking a deep, satisfied sigh as you kept your eyes locked into the morning sky. Steve snuggled his chin on top of your head, looking at it as well.

"I think I know someone that could easily top its beauty," Steve laughed, knowing what your reaction would be. You smiled, pulling away from his embrace and looking at him. "And that someone is you, Y/N."

"You're full of shit, Steve," You laughed, looking up at him as he smiled and laughed in response.

"And you love me because of it," Steve shrugged his shoulders, starting the car again and hitting the road.

"That's true, and I wouldn't have it any other way," You blew him a kiss as you reclined your seat and relaxed, looking at the sunrise again before drifting back to sleep.