"kiss me"

a/n: i wanna say i'm sorry for not updating this in forever, i just haven't really had inspo or ideas /:

this one's kinda meh but i really wanted to update so here ya go

——

It had been forever since you last saw Steve. No trace of him had lingered into your apartment since he had last came along with a single flower hiding behind his back, waiting at your door. As he waited, your ex had paid you a visit, and he was insisting on giving your relationship another chance. Steve finally knocked again, your ex answering.

"Steve, this isn't what it looks like," You begged as his eyes brimmed with tears and he turned away. Your ex had stepped back into your apartment, being the annoying sack of shit he was.

"Well, tell me, Y/N. What is it?" He let out hastily, his eyes glancing back at yours as he crossed his arms across his chest and tapped his foot on the floor angrily.

"My ex, he came, he's leaving. You know you and I had planned on having some dinner tonight with you, please don't leave," You pleaded as you wrapped your arms around Steve and cupped your hands onto Steve's cheeks. His jaw was clenched tightly, you felt his anger radiating off of him.

"I just need time," Steve whispered as he softly grabbed your arms, setting them off of his body and walking away. He dropped the flower on the ground, walking away.

At the time, Steve hadn't told you of the way you made him feel. He was your best friend, he would come over at least once a week to catch up on each other's lives. But at the sight of his anger and the flower, you knew it was much more than that.

You sighed, looking over at the framed photo of you and Steve at one of Tony's parties, you saw the happiness that Steve seemed to display in the photo. You remembered that moment, you picked up the picture frame and laid on the couch.

It was the time where Steve had spilled orange juice on himself before the party had started, he was over at your place to pick you up.

"You think that Tony'll get mad if– damn it!" Steve shouted in shock as his cup overflowed and the juice spilled over the edges. You laughed as you took a bite from a cookie and grabbed your bag.

"It's okay, Steve, you'll be fine. It'll dry off," You reassured him as you pat his shoulder and grabbed his jacket. "Let's go now."

Steve nodded and took his jacket from you. He smiled at you and followed you out the door, joking and laughing and everything you said. The stain on his pants didn't dry fast enough, unfortunately, so he was stuck listening to people ask about what happened or ask if he peed himself. Steve's head would hang down in embarrassment as you would laugh and help him get through the numerous questions.

"Hey, Y/N, cheese!" Steve exclaimed and pointed at the camera guy who was standing beside him. You were caught off guard, but immediately posed beside Steve as he put a hand on your waist and squeezed you closer to him. You smiled widely, putting up bunny ears behind Steve's head as almost a natural instinct.

You snapped back into reality. You were laying on your couch still, the television still on, but faintly. You put the photo down onto the table beside the couch, turning your attention back to the television. Twenty minutes into watching TV, you heard a faint knock at your door.

Steve's heart was pounding behind it. The last time he saw you, he was upset at you. It was dumb, he realized, and everyone had told him that the moment he stepped into the tower. This whole time, he had been far too embarrassed to go back into your apartment building and show himself.

But enough time had passed, Sam and Bucky were waiting for him downstairs in his car. The two had forced him to come back here and redo what he had tried to do weeks before.

You opened the door, revealing a nervous Steve Rogers holding a full bouquet of flowers.

"Y/N, I–" Steve stopped himself as he stared at you, his eyes looking into yours. He clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on the flowers he held and walked inside. You looked at him, confused. But right after you had closed the door, you felt his hands grab your waist and lift you up, your legs wrapping around his torso as he carried you to the living room. He sat on the couch, with you on his lap and looking at him.

"Y/N, I love you. I'm sorry for being emotional, not letting you talk. I love you so much, without you, I've been so lonely. I missed you, I need you, Y/N," His eyes pleaded you as he softly set his hand on your cheek. You looked at him for a few moments as you felt your heart melt at his touch.

"Steve," You practically whispered, your voice trailing as you kept your eyes on Steve's. "Just kiss me."

Steve smiled softly and nodded, instantly planting his lips onto yours. Though the room was basically silent, you felt your heart race at a million miles a second. Steve slowly set you on your back, him hovering over you as his hands moved around your body.

Pulling away from the kiss, he softly told you, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

You smiled up at him, pulling him in for a hug as he rolled over next to you.

"I missed ya," You whispered as you snuggled into his side and closed your eyes.

"I missed you too."