"you got a puppy?!"

a/n: some of these one-shots are based on things that have happened to me. for instance, this one

btw, the pic above is the dog i envisioned. it's my doggie when he was a pup :') <3

"Stevie!" You shouted as you entered the Avengers' lounge. You held a small puppy in your arms. "We have a guest!"

Steve was in the kitchen, not too far away. He felt a rush of excitement overcome himself, but who could be visiting? He'd have to find out. Walking at a fast pace, he came in contact with you and your puppy.

"Y/N," Steve sternly said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Please tell me you didn't get a dog."

"Would you be mad if I did?" You asked, slowly bringing up the puppy so he was visible. You giggled as Steve sighed, but felt secretly very happy for the puppy's arrival.

"Well, I can't say no to this little guy," Steve sighed happily as you two sat on the ground, the puppy plopped in between you two. The puppy looked at Steve and stumbled towards him, making himself comfortable on Steve's lap. "What's his name?"

"I waited 'til I came back to decide. I wanted you to name him," You smiled as you brought out a little collar that would fit the puppy.

"How 'bout..." Steve was deep in thought. "Scout?"

"That's cute," You smiled as the puppy ran back to you. "Scout it is."

It had been about a month since you last brought Scout to the tower. Though you and Steve were exceptional dog parents, Scout was definitely a lot to handle.

"Y/N! Steve! Your dog took a shit in my room!" Bucky growled as he chased Scout out of his room.

"Sorry, Buck! I'll clean it!" You shouted, giving Steve a kiss on the cheek before heading to Bucky's room. Scout hid himself under the couch in the lounge area.

"You're lucky you're you," Bucky joked, helping you clean Scout's poop from the floor. "And you're lucky the dog's cute, I woulda smacked him."

You playfully slapped his arm, leaving his room.

"I thought he was potty trained," Steve sighed as he took Scout from under the couch and carried him.

"The little bastard is good at tricks," You laughed and pet him behind his ear.

Over time, Scout became the Avengers' mascot. He would cheer everyone up after a tough mission and would congratulate everyone after a successful one. Even though he was your's and Steve's dog, he was everyone else's as well.

After returning from a mission, you came home with a bullet wound in your shoulder.

"Barton, if you were paying attention, this wouldn't have happened!" Bucky annoyingly panicked as he and Steve applied pressure to your wound, making sure that not too much blood was leaving your body.

"Bucky, enough," Steve ordered as he stayed by your side, making sure you stayed conscious. Tony landed the quinjet and immediately opened it to allow you to be taken inside as quickly as possible.

"Someone get Scout," You tiredly said as Steve carried you towards Dr. Cho, who was waiting for you to arrive to begin operating on your wound.

Tony grabbed him, making sure he didn't see you in the state you were. Usually, he would wait for someone else to grab Scout, but he wanted to make sure that Scout was there when you got out of surgery.

A couple of hours passed, it seemed like forever, but you recovered well with Steve at your side. You stayed in your shared room for the meanwhile, Steve and the rest of your team brought you whatever you needed whenever you needed anything.

"Hey, kid," Tony softly greeted as he held Scout in his arms. "Your baby wanted to see you now that you're doing better."

Tony set Scout down and left, giving you and Steve space. Scout ran towards the bed, hopping on and plopping himself next to you as he licked your cheek.

"My two best boys," You happily whispered as you ran your fingers through Scout's fur and softly set your hand on Steve's cheek. Steve smiled at you and grabbed your hand, kissing your knuckles as you drifted off to sleep.

"I'm the bestest though," He softly said as he laughed and kissed your cheek. He laid next to you, with Scout in between you two. You all fell asleep peacefully as the night passed.