moving in

a/n: this was requested by smokeywhalee i hope u enjoy!! <3

——

"I've had enough of your bullshit, Beck! I'm leaving," You yelled as your now ex-boyfriend tried to get you to stay. You shoved a bunch of your clothes into a duffel bag, angrily making your way out of the apartment. The adrenaline running through your veins was enough to finally do what you felt like you should've done months ago. For what the relationship was worth, you felt like it was long overdue to break things with your ex.

You swung your bag over your shoulder, running outside without looking back. Once you opened the building door, you felt a flood of emotions overcome you. As you stepped outside, you felt water pouring onto you, the sky filled with clouds as it continued to pour. Sobbing, you noticed an empty bench, so you decided to take some time to process what was happening and to figure out what you were going to do now that you didn't have a place to stay.

"Can't believe I wasted my time," You almost laughed at yourself, going onto your phone and blocking his number. The relationship hadn't always been this way, but the last few months leading up to tonight made you feel like you were trapped, like you were being pulled deeper and deeper into void you didn't want any part in.

For a few minutes, you stared blankly out to the street. Tonight was quieter than usual, the sound of the rain being the only thing making noise in the usually busy street you lived on.

"Y/N.. is that you?" A familiar voice asked, concern filled his voice. You turned around, seeing your blond best friend.

"Hey, Steve. It's me. Better than ever," You sarcastically replied, wiping your tears from your cheeks. He sat down next to you, putting his umbrella over you and managing to take of his jacket and cover you with it as you shivered.

"I was coming home from the gym, come. I'll make you something to eat and you can stay at my place," Steve proposed without hesitation, helping you up and walking beside you, his arm hugging you as you shivered and continued to silently cry as you both walked to his apartment.

You finally arrived to his place, a warm and welcoming breeze met you as Steve opened the door and let you in.

"Go take a shower. You're probably freezing right now. I'll make you some ramen," Steve nodded, grabbing a towel from the hallway's closet and handing it to you as you smiled at him, thankful for the hospitality.

As you showered, Steve headed to his kitchen and filled a pot with water to boil. He turned on the television for some background noise, the sound of the television accompanying him as he waiting for your food to be ready. When he poured the finished noodles into a bowl and cut the noodles shorter, you walked into the room in fresh pajamas. The fresh scent of his shampoo and lotion filled the room, making him smile as he set your bowl in front of you. A few moments of silence filled the room, but it was sort of a comfortable silence.

"You're probably wondering why I was even outside in the first place," You chuckled dryly, shaking your head at yourself. You felt yourself feel down again, Steve gasping and grabbing a napkin for you.

"You don't have to explain. I wasn't gonna let you stay outside in the rain by yourself. Let alone, out in the street. Whatever the reason is, I hope you know that you can stay here for as long as you need to, or want to. No catches," Steve nodded reassuringly as you began to feel tears swell at your eyes. You broke down, feeling even more upset than earlier.

"It's just, Beck and I broke up. Finally, I know, but I just can't believe I let so much of his bullshit slide. I put up with all of his issues and the second I have one little imperfection, he goes off on me like he expects me to be like a robot or something. I had enough of it, I'm just pissed because I don't know what I had to do to be enough," You ranted, wiping your face clean from tears as Steve sat across from you, nodding.