first dance

a/n: i'm a sucker for marvin gaye, don't come for me. the song is above just in case y'all wanna hear it (:

word count: 558

"I'm so tired of this," Steve complained as he sat down next to you at Tony's party. Steve was one of your closest friends and your crush. You fell in love with him the moment you saw him. Everyone but Steve knew that you felt something for him.

Your heart skipped a beat at his presence as you nodded. "Usually I wouldn't be sitting, but Tony picked a lame DJ this time."

Steve chuckled as his eyes sparkled. "Yeah, I noticed. You're usually the one who gets me to dance with everyone else."

After talking to each other for a bit, "Now That You've Won Me" by Marvin Gaye began to softly play. Your eyes went wide as you looked over at Steve and motioned him to dance with you without thinking it through. Steve's blue eyes glistened with the light as he smiled widely and took your hand. You both walked up to the dance floor and went into each other's arms.

"This is my favorite song," You softly said and smiled up at Steve. He smiled down at you and put his left hand on your waist and held your hand with his other. Your free hand landed on the back of his neck as you both swayed left to right.

"Y/N... can I tell you something?" Steve asked softly as he rested his chin on your head.

"What's that Stevie?" You asked as you closed your eyes.

"Keep on being sweet and kind in the same old way," The song played as you both danced.

"Well, I think you're absolutely wonderful," He said and cleared his throat. "Ever since I met you, I've felt a way I haven't ever felt. Will you be my best girl?"

Your eyes opened as you turned your head up to look at him.

"Steve... you have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that," You responded as you smiled widely. He smiled shyly and pulled you closer as he pulled you in for a soft kiss.

"You're so beautiful doll," He whispered as he rested his head on yours and danced the night away with you. Nothing seemed more perfect.

[ time lapse ]

It was the day of your wedding. You and Steve would be getting married and you were more excited than you could ever be. It had been two years since you two had first danced at Tony's party and started your relationship, to which Tony takes all the credit for your relationship.

Bucky, as your best man, announces your first dance at your wedding as both of you walk onto the dance floor.

"You look stunning sweetheart," He whispered into your ear as he held you close and swayed left and right.

"Thank you, Stevie, you look handsome," You said as you smiled and kissed Steve as you both danced to your favorite song, "Now That You've Won Me". This was one of many nights in which you two danced in each other's arms with this song, but each moment meant something significant. From moments such as getting your first apartment to your marriage, this song held significance in both of your lives. It was your way of capturing every milestone and you were more than grateful that Tony held that party because it had brought the love of your life to you.