melodies pt. 1

a/n: this'll be winter soldier-ish timeline

also i would like 2 include this song bc i LOVE IT SO MUCH.

also this may be a two-parter just bc i've never done one and i feel like doing one would be cool hehe

You met him while you were walking your dog. He smiled at you, you said hi, thought he was cute, and never saw him again.

At least, for about two weeks.

After two weeks, you saw him again at your favorite coffee shop. Those beautiful, blue eyes gleamed at the sight of you. Every word he said seemed.. perfect. He made a joke about seeing you again and got shy, admitting he was hoping he'd see you again. You agreed as he sat across from you and there, you exchanged names and numbers in hopes of seeing each other again.

And you did. It began as friends meeting up to admitting feelings to your first date. It was almost as if you were bound to fall in love with each other.

One night, Tony Stark held a party, but it wasn't outrageous or over-the-top like usual. It was everyone he was close to and it was mellow. It was the first party Steve had invited you to, which was a lot of pressure, because you hadn't met any of the Avengers before– especially as his girlfriend. It felt scarier than meeting someone's parents.

But you easily became friends with Natasha and Sam. Steve danced with you in his arms as he leaned his cheek leaned on your head, and the side of yours resting on his chest. As you danced, Natasha and Bruce were looking at you two dancing from the bar.

"They're fucking perfect for each other," Nat sighed in happiness as she encouraged Steve to finally get out there again. From then on, she gave herself a pat on the back for telling Steve to talk to you when they walked by the coffee shop and saw you there.

"You're damn right they are," Bruce agreed, clinking his drink with Natasha's and smiled as he took a sip from his bottle.

The Avengers welcomed you with open arms into the tower. You stayed there, just in case something bad were to happen.

One day, Steve and Nat are off on a mission to find Steve's best friend, Bucky. You were brooming the lounge area when you heard the elevator ding open. It revealed Nat and Sam, Sam was Steve's 'competition' when he went out on jogs.

"Hey guys," You greeted at smiled. They sighed, without looking you in the eyes. "What's wrong?"

Nat gave you a sad look, filled with guilt.

"Steve, well... we.." She started to say, beginning a sentence she knew she couldn't finish.

"What happened to Steve?" You whispered as you felt your heart begin to pound.

"HYDRA has him," Nat blurted out as she felt tears stream down her cheeks. "We don't know what they've done, or if they've done anything. We'll get him back."

That wasn't reassuring at all. But you had fate in Nat, so you stayed quiet and nodded.

[ two months later ]

You were rummaging through your things, searching for anything HYDRA-related Steve had to look for clues. Anything would've helped, a map of all the bases, or files on anyone linked to HYDRA.

You found Steve's notebook, you would call it a diary, but he always insisted that it wasn't. You wanted a piece of him back so you opened it.

'Music to My Eyes - for y/n' was written on the top of a page. You felt a smile come across your face and a teardrop escape your eye. You looked at the rest of the page to reveal see what he had written. It was a song.

"You're music to my eyes
I had to listen just to find you
I'd like for you to let me sing along
Give you a rhythm you feel

I wanna learn your every line
I wanna fill your empty spaces
I want to play the part to reach your heart
Sing you a song that you feel, oh

Love, let your music be mine
Sing while I harmonize
Let your melodies fly in my direction
Take me to your paradise
On a musical ride
I'm in love with your music, baby
You're music to my eyes"

In the midst of reading what he wrote, someone had opened the door. It was Nat.

"We found him."