late nights

a/n: a blurb i thought of when i was gonna fall asleep. this one's really short but i haven't updated in forever so

——

Late nights involved drifting out of sleep to see your beautiful boy either huddled onto you or hugging a pillow on his side of the bed. This always made you smile as it was the last thing you saw before drifting back into sleep.

You fell under a calm and relaxing slumber, something you had previously had trouble being able to accomplish. But ever since Steve came into your life, all seemed well.

Sometimes, Steve would slip in with just boxers on. You would kiss his collarbone and neck softly every time he did so, just to make him a little flustered. He would chuckle and pull you closer, you'd snake your way partially on top of him and melt into his figure. Other times you would take up more than half the bed without realization, and Steve would chuckle and bring you closer.

Waking up was always the best part. You would be entangled in each other's grips, groaning as you saw the morning sun peep through the curtains.

"Do we really have to wake up already?" You would complain as you covered your eyes with the covers. Steve would yawn and laugh a little, kissing your forehead and getting comfortable again.

"No, doll," He happily responded. "Not yet. We can stay in today."

You would smile and close your eyes again, not noting how Steve would admire you and feel thankful towards the universe for giving him a second chance at this whole 'love' thing. And not for a second had he doubted his feelings for you, he would talk about you as if you were already married.

At first, he didn't want to tell you of his feelings for you. You lived a (relatively) normal life, no HYDRA missions, no alien invasions that you directly fought against. You were just Sam's friend that he would go out for runs with. Everyday he'd "compete" with Sam on the morning runs, he would hope to see you. Sam realized this, and gave Steve your number.

"Go get her, Rogers," Sam encouraged. But then, the SHIELD ordeal had occurred, calling you had slipped his mind until after the Ultron situation. Sam and Steve has remained friends outside of the competitive racing since then, and one night, Sam had asked Steve about if he ever got to call you or not.

"I don't know, Sam," Steve shrugged as he scratched the back of his head. "It slipped my mind after everything with SHIELD and Ultron, I feel like it's too late now. What if she's seeing someone?"

"She is most definitely not seeing someone, I know Y/N like she's my sister," Sam stated and smiled. "You should just call her. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

"Yeah, you're right," Steve responded and looked at his phone. He'd call later.

And he did. The conversation was nice, even for having only talked a couple of times briefly beforehand. This friendship soon developed into a relationship, you two were perfect for each other. The rest of the team was reluctant to let her in, especially after knowing that HYDRA had infiltrated SHIELD. But as time passed, everyone grew to like you and consider you a part of the family.

After a year of being together, Steve has asked you to move in with him, so you said yes. You lived with him in his little Brooklyn apartment, which was perfect in every way. You would slow dance with each other once you had cleaned the apartment, your head against his chest and his chin resting on top of your head. Everything seemed perfect.

Then, Bucky came along. Bucky was Steve's best friend, and you were worried of making a bad impression, as this was practically like meeting Steve's parents. You knew that Bucky was the Winter Soldier, but you wanted to make him feel as home as possible.

When you welcomed the two with open arms into the apartment, you hugged the two and greeted them. Bucky was alarmed, he thought to himself: how could someone be so kind to someone like me? Regardless, he tried his best to not ruin anything, as these were the people who were meant to be his family.

Eventually, when Bucky was comfortable, Sam would come over and you four would laugh and have dinner together. It was perfect. It was what Steve had always wanted: a second chance at a normal life with the people he loved the most. And as he would be doing everyday tasks, he would look over to you and feel his heart grow heavy. You gave him this life, you were his everything.

And he thought about this when he would wake up next to you every morning. The quiet but beautiful moments you two shared were sacred to the both of you as you snuggled up against each other and sighed happily. This was all you had wanted, and all you needed to feel content. No argument or disagreement would've ever gotten between you two, and there was nobody who had the power to separate you.

Nothing seemed more perfect.