cleaning day

a/n: this is a short sweet one bc i havent updated in a loooong time. happy new year!

——

It was a nice, Saturday morning. The rest of the Avengers were out and about, taking the day and relaxing. The only two in the compound were you and Steve.

"Morning hun," Steve mumbled and he turned over to you, scooting towards you.

"Morning," You replied, groaning and smiling at the sight of Steve next to you. The two of you stayed in bed for a bit, letting the sun's light come into your room and wake you up.

"How 'bout we surprise everyone and clean the place? We can order some Chinese after," You offered, earning an eager Steve. It was his favorite. The two of you walked out of you room and ate some cereal together. During that time, you planned who would clean what and how things would get done.

Steve started in the kitchen. Throughout the compound, there were built-in speakers. As Steve cleaned, he turned them on and hummed along to some music as he washed dishes, sorted through the fridge and cleaned it, and other things among that. Surprisingly, it was taking him longer than expected, but it was because he was making sure every little spot of the kitchen was clean.

"Hey, Steve, I'm done with the living and dining room," You walked in, sitting beside him on the floor. He was cleaning the inside of the oven. "Need help?"

"No, I think I'm okay doll," Steve said, planting a small kiss on your cheek. You bundled up next to him as he continued to clean, smiling as you heard him hum along to his music.

"Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars," You softly sang on his shoulder.

"Let me see what spring is like on, Jupiter and Mars," He continued, smiling.

"In other words," You added, getting up and grabbing his hand.

"Hold my hand," He sang as he cupped your cheek with one hand and holding you with the other. You smiled at him, kissing his chin and dancing.

"In other words, baby kiss me," You two sang in unison. You both swayed left and right in the kitchen, looking at each other lovingly. Without noticing, the rest of the team came back from their outings.

First, it was Sam. He was going to grab a glass of orange juice but the second he walked in, he decided against it. Then, Bucky came back and headed towards the kitchen.

"I wouldn't," Sam smirked as he turned off the TV.

"Why not?" Bucky asked, tilting his head a little in confusion.

"I'll show you."

So the two walked over quietly, peeking their heads over to see you two dancing still. Bucky slowly nodded and smiled, seeing Steve and you together made Bucky happy. And sure enough, everyone else was bundled up, waiting for you two to realize that everyone was home. The goal was to stay quiet until one of you noticed them there, but that was ruined by a sneeze.

"Oh my god, how long have you guys been there?" You asked, jumping back as Steve jumped a little as well.

"Ever since Bucky got here, we wanted to see how long it would take for you guys to notice but someone decided to sneeze," Bucky looked over at Tony and rolled his eyes.

"Hey, I didn't see the sneeze coming," Tony defended himself as he crossed his arms.

"Alright we'll leave you two be, I just need to grab some food," Nat chuckled as she went through the fridge and brought food out. Eventually, the kitchen was empty with just you and Steve in it.

"Let's get that Chinese food, shall we?" Steve asked excitedly and chuckled, you replied with a nod. The rest of the day was spent in your room, eating Chinese food and watching movies until the two of you fell asleep with the TV on.