stu(dying)

a/n: just got finished with registering for classes, so i thought i'd do a little college au <3

It was your first time ever taking finals in college. You were completely and, quite frankly, lost. The thought of driving back home drove you completely insane, your head was pounding too hard from keeping your eyes glued to the textbook, notes, and desktop in the school library. Your stomach grumbled, but you thought nothing of it, because you just wanted to absorb as much information as you could for your exam tomorrow.

"You okay, Y/N?" A soft voice came from behind you, the person sitting to your left. It was Steve.

Steve was the boy in your American Studies classes. He was cute.

"Huh? Oh, yeah," You sighed as you turned to face him. Giving him a weak smile, your stomach wanted to join into the conversation and began to make noise. "Just studying for that big exam tomorrow."

"Are you hungry?" Steve asked, concern on his face as he went for his backpack. He pulled out a chipotle burrito. "My friend, Bucky, wanted one, but he can wait. He eats constantly."

You giggled, taking the burrito from him reluctantly.

"Are you having trouble with anything?" Steve asked, smiling softly as he leaned his elbow on the table in front of him, using his hand as something to lean on as he talked to you.

"Eh, not really, I'm just annoyed with cramming. I should've studied sooner," You admitted after taking a bite.

"I can help you, if you want," Steve offered his eyes glittering. You smiled and nodded immediately.

"Alright, let's get started," Steve said as he cracked his knuckles and grabbed your textbook.

Within the hour and a half that he was there, it seemed like everything made its way into your brain perfectly. You made flash cards to quiz each other and found a Kahoot to play against each other.

"Wow, you beat me," Steve sighed playfully as he set his phone down on the table. "I've taught you well."

You laughed, gently slapping his arm as you set your phone down after checking the time.

10:39 p.m.

"Well, I should really get going," You sighed, pushing your hair out of your face. "I gotta go home."

"By yourself? No," Steve insisted as you two looked outside and saw the darkness. "Let me go with you."

"How would you come back though?" You furrowed your eyebrows and crossed your arms across your chest. "And you could secretly be a murderer for all I know."

"I'll figure it out," Steve shrugged as he gathered your things for you and walked alongside you to your car. Chuckling, he said, "If I were a murderer, I would've gotten you back in the library."

He then opened your door for you, then sat on the passenger's seat.

"Since you're my guest," You said, before reversing out of your parking spot. You pulled out the AUX cord, showing it to Steve. "Play what you want."

"Yay! Thank you, Y/N," He beamed as he plugged his phone in.

"You know, Y/N," Steve began as he looked at you with joy. "I'm sad we didn't get to actually talk earlier."

"It's alright, Steve," You reassured as you continued driving. "What matters is that we met now, and we'll know we have each other from now on."

You got home, parking in the garage. You lived in a cozy apartment about twenty minutes away from school.

"So how are you getting home?" You asked, still seated in the car and Steve in the passenger's seat.

"I don't really know," Steve furrowed his eyebrows and thought. "I usually stay with Bucky, I live too far from campus to even commute."

You stayed silent, thinking of your guest room.

"Well, I have a guest room," You offered, Steve looked at you unsure.

"I don't want it to seem like I'm just here to intrude," Steve argued and shook his head.

"No, Steve. Don't argue. Follow me," You said as you got out and led him to your apartment.

"I have some t-shirts and big sweats in the drawer," You said from your room, changing into your pajamas for the night. After a bit, you fell asleep.

Steve knocked on the door, peeking his head in, and saw you asleep. He didn't want to bother, but he hated feeling alone.

"Y/N?" Steve softly asked, still at the doorway. You slowly woke up, yawning and sitting up on your bed.

"Hm?"

"Can I... can I sleep with you?" He asked, sounding almost like a child afraid of the dark. He then caught himself in his words. "Err, not like that. But can I stay in here with you?"

You were tired, and hell, he was cute. So you nodded and scooted over, patting the spot next to you. Naturally, he scooted closer to you and fell asleep. He rested his head on the pillow and instantly fell asleep, looking like an angel. He wrapped his arms around your waist as he fell asleep.

With that, the rest of the night felt like absolute bliss.

a/n: i lowkey cringe when i write things like this. idk why because i know damn well i wouldn't mind cevans being around me