relationship problems - r

a/n: requested by marrymesteverogers ! <3 hope u like it!

y/f/n- your friend's name

also, this is a dad!steve imagine hehe

——

You fiddled with your fingers and you laid on your bed. You picked your phone up once again, sending a text to your friends' group chat.

y/n: hey guys!! can y'all hang today?

y/f/n #1: sorry /: my bf decided to take me out tonight so i can't

y/f/n #2: same here!! /: i'm sorry y/n, we'll hang out another time

y/f/n #1: but look!! he got me a promise ring :') (ONE ATTACHMENT SENT)

And that's when you threw your phone across the bed. You huffed, rolling your eyes as you turned over and buried your face under the pillows of your bed. You knew that once they began texting about something their boyfriends got them, they weren't going to stop so you always put the chat on mute for a few hours. All you wanted was someone to hang out with.

"Hey, honey," Your dad, Steve, introduces himself as he knocked on your door, poking his head in. "You wanna join us for some board games? It's game night."

You smiled as he wiggles the box of the game of LIFE in his hands. He notices that you don't respond the way you usually did, so he enters the room fully and sits on the edge of your bed.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" He asked with a sincere look in his eyes and resting the palms of his hands on the bed comforter.

"I'm just lonely," You sighed as you got up and swiped the board game from his lap.

He raised an eyebrow at you, settling on your bed and giving you a frown. "But you have us?"

"No, not like that," You laughed as you spun the box in your arms and sighed. "You know, like, relationship-wise."

"But Y/N, you're everything anyone could ever want. I mean, you do have my charm," Steve laughed as he got up and stood in front of you. "What's making you feel this way?"

You sighed, shuffling your feet and looking down. "I don't know, every time one of my friends goes out with their boyfriends, it's all they talk about. And everyone says I'm pretty, funny, nice, y'know, the things that usually get you the boyfriend, but every time I ask a guy out, I get shot down. I don't get it."

As you were ranting on your inexperience of boyfriends, a certain sixteen year-old boy was walking down the hall. Peter heard you angrily voicing your feelings and stopped. Should he have been eavesdropping on you? He felt wrong doing it, but he couldn't seem to walk away. He had the biggest crush on you and he didn't know how much he could keep it a secret for, as he was the absolute worst at keeping secrets. After a few moments of bargaining, he decided to stay by the door.

"It's okay, hun. You're not the issue, I hope you know that. People your age don't know what they want, hell, I have a hard time deciding what I want for dinner. And people who know what they want, they usually get left out in the mix," Steve reassuringly told you as you looked back up at your father and smiled softly. He pulled you in for a hug. "You're beautiful, okay? Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise, or the Avenger's will have to kick their ass."