"you fainted"

a/n: the writers block keeps getting worse LORDT!

word count: 502

Screaming. Running. Shock.

The three things you remembered of the weird alien portal opening. And of course, the six oddly dressed people running towards the fight instead of away. You had stopped for a second, unknowingly stopping in the most unfortunate spot you could've stopped at. With a hit to the head from who knows what, you were out like a light.

Squinting, you saw a male figure hover over you. You were moved to the inside of a building, a completely different location from your pre-fainting.

"Wh-where.. am I?" You asked, covering your eyes from the sun. Your vision adjusted, facing one of the six oddly-dressed people.

"You're safe," He affirmed, softly smiling at you and kneeling next to you.

"Don't you have a battle to fight?" You asked, remembering the moments before you falling unconscious. "There were... weird aliens floating around from... from there!"

You pointed up above the Stark tower, which was now missing every letter but the "A". You furrowed your eyebrows, noting that the area you were in was a complete mess. "What happened here? Why are you guys here? Wait..."

You looked at the man quickly from head-to-toe. He was wearing a blue uniform, with red and white stripes going across his stomach area. On his chest, there lay a white star in the center. You went up to his face, seeing his soft blue eyes look at you and strands of his blond hair get in the way of his face.

"Captain America," He said, taking the shield off from his person and showing you. You softly gasped and smiled.

"That's a first. I've never met a superhero before," You chuckled as you slowly got up, with him helping you.

"You can call me Steve," He said as he blushed and smiled. "What's your name?"

"I'm Y/N. No cool nickname like you."

He softly chuckled, slinging his shield on his back again. "Still a beautiful name. Are you alright? I didn't check for any injuries because I wanted you to take your time wading back into consciousness."

You examined your body, and other than a headache and a bruise on your forehead, you were completely fine. You shook your head at Steve and too. his hand as he helped you up.

"Well, I should get going, the rest of my team needs me," Steve explained, wishing he could stay with you for longer. He brought out a marker and handed it to you. "Do you mind if I asked for your number?"

You shook your head and wrote your number down on his arm. "Don't lose it, or it'd suck to never see you again."

From there, the Captain jogged off to meet the rest of his team. He looked back at you one last time and smiled. He knew that he would ask you to get coffee sometime, which was the beginning of adjusting to the modern world. His first step of moving on and settling was you.