Got work

It was Monday morning I woke up early because I had work Richard had already left the house.

When I got downstairs there was a note on the fridge " can you wash up"? It reads.

I thought " yeah no problem"! I grab my Costa take out mug and did myself a decaff lattè. I looked at my watch 8.30 I said " just got time to catch the news"! I switched the radio on Captial a song was playing can't rightly remember what through I think it was George Ezra. I'd done the washing up and i suddenly felt light headed, my mobile was upstairs so I couldn't call Richard. Everytime I stood up I felt dizzy, and sick.

Suddenly my friend Sarah Jane came around I was too unwell to move Richard never really liked Sarah but I knew he  had to get on with her for my sake anyway sdidn't matter now what mattered was getting me right again .........

CRASH

I COLLAPSED

Immediately Sarah knew what to do Call 999. When she was put through she says " I need an ambulance mum friend she's collapsed I don't know what to do"! The controller " don't worry Sarah is there anywhere where you can put your friend , what's your friends name"? Sarah started panic " Lexie lexie Morgan"! The operator says " Right is she breathing"? Sarah says " yep she's breathing put I can barely feel a palse"! The operator says " was there anyone with her when she collapsed"? Sarah's voice was cracking " no there wasn't"! The operator says " Has she got anyone else other an yourself"? Sarah replys " Erm yeah her boyfriend ....... Richard.

Sarah grabbed my phone out of my Tortè bag she rang Richard.

Sarah - Jane: " Hello Richard its Sarah Jane here I came in and saw her lying on the floor"!

Richard says " What? What happened"?

Sarah - Jane: " I saw her on the floor I've rang for the ambulance"!

Richard says " I'm coming now wait there with her"!

Sarah says " I will"!

She rang off the mobile went off. It was 10 minutes when Richard came bursting through the door.

I'm lying on the floor unconscious and suddenly I can feel Richard's warm hands lifting me off the cold laminated floor.

Richard says " shh shh sweetheart easy now, the ambulance is coming"!

I manage to struggle out a few words..

Me: " no I don't need a ambulance"!

Richard: " yes you do need an ambulance you blacked out"!

I tried to explain what happened.

Me: " I did the washing up then i felt woozy I fell on the floor and knocked ........ myself ........ unconscious"!

Richard: " I don't care you.going to hospital don't care"!

I hated to argue with my fella, suddenly the paramedics came.

Paramedic 1: " what happened"?

Richard tries first but he couldn't.

Sarah explains to Katie the paramedics I can't speak. Katie radios through to the hospital where the registar was awaiting me.

Once they get me in the back of the ambulance the other paramedic says " I'll drive"! Richard held my hand he kept kissing me on  the hand.
They rushed me through to Ambulance triage where they did the necessary tests I.e blood tests. Richard sat in the chair opposite me why I lay very unwell in the triage bed, a doctor came in he asked what happened Richard explained that I had a fainting episode at home you see even I thought this was weird because I never normally had these faint fists before I'm lay in the bed when the doctor asked " Is there any chance you could be pregnant"? I shook my head and Richard drawed the chair closer to me. He held my hand tight he kept saying " Stay awake for me sweetie"! Kissing my hand Richard suddenly says " oh Lexie why on earth do you keep doing this to me worrying mr half to death"? I try and say something " Rich ........ Richard what if I am pregnant"? Richard replys almost in a chuckle " is that really bad thing having a child"? I say " yes because I don't want a baby yet I'm too young"! Richard smiles " Oh yeah silly me"!

It was 3 hours after I was rushed in, when dr Cooper came back I looked at Richard with a face of concern, dr Cooper says " The blood tests do not show any signs of infection, but unbeknownst to us I could sense he was hiding something so could Richard. " Tell us doc what is it"? Dr Cooper replys " I am sorry to tell you that you are Pregnant about 3 months"! I can't speak " pardon? I cant be .... preg ...... preg ........ pregnant can I"! Richard squeezed my hand gently I look at him smiling he smiles broadly back at me " We're having a baby"! Richard breaks into a broken voice as if he were about cry.

" I can't believe we're having a baby"! Says he squeezing my hand gently he stroked my head standing up. I say warily " hadn't you better go and tell your family"? Richard replys laughing " No! I'll let them know once your better I want to get you better first"! 0