@ThatShitItTearsMeUp

ThatShitItTearsMeUp

1) "Name?"

Hi, my name is Maria Elizabeth Dela Riva Castillo.

2) "Age?"

I've recently turned 20 years of age, in May.

3)" What are your hobbies?"

My interests are a bit all over the place. But mostly, I enjoy writing, whether it in my journal for myself only or for my books. I also love singing; my favorite genres being shoegaze, indie pop and some psychedelic rock. I don't think I'd be a writer if I didn't like reading lol.. Currently reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I recommend it, especially if you're into spirituality. I like to think of myself as an artistic being. Even though, I just doodle. It is quite refreshing to use my hands and get messy with ink and paint. And lastly, I love binge-watching some good romantic Korean dramas to help me out of writers' block. Currently watching Romance is a Bonus Book. Again, I suggest you to check it out.

4) "When did you start writing and why?"

Well, I like to believe that I have a very imaginative mind. I love being able to express that through my writing and art. The first time I wrote was in an old, very girly journal, which consisted of deliciously painted on donuts as its cover. It had a variation of book and movie scenes that I loved, making it into a jumbled up mess of drama and romance, with a kick of action - depending if I had been reading or watching an action packed scene with my journal in hand. I believe, it was around 2010 when I had this small journal. Meaning I was around the age of eleven and/or twelve when I'd write some quite steamy scenes between the two main characters.

5) "Which was your first story generally?"

Oh my goodness, my first story is quite old. It wasn't necessarily on paper but rather in my mind. If that makes any sense lol.. The story has evolved and changed multiple times, but never the character and its personality. I wish I could say more, but I'm actually working on said story alongside my younger sister. We are creating this au into a three/six book series. As you can tell, it's still under construction. It'll take lots of coffee and patience for us to finish it. More details on the story to come when we have the first ten chapters done!

6) "Do you write in some other website except Wattpad?"

Believe it or not, I actually have Sweet Assholes written on Quotev. But it hasn't been updated after its third chapter, still having its old cover from months ago. I should definitely go back to it and update it.

7) "What has given you motive to keep on writing?"

One of my biggest motives has been my own mind. I truly feel that if I were to hold myself back, and quit writing I'd be left with nothing. Writing is an escape that I know I need. I enjoy reading what the readers have to say about my books too. They, themselves, can really be a huge motive for me to go on; as well as my closest friends and sisters, they push me to continue doing what I love. I have so much gratitude for those reasons, I don't think I'll ever stop writing.

8 )"Have you ever wanted to give up everything? (writing I mean)"

Of course. I have given up a few times, actually. With my first few books on Wattpad. I had about 3+ works that I believed weren't good enough, deleting them off my works. Still this fear attacks me with each new chapter that I publish, but now I've gotten used to it. Actually using it as fuel to keep me going, feeding my motivation the scraps of fear.