@MaddieEllen

MaddieEllen

1) "Name?"

Maddie.

2) "Age?"

18.

3)" What are your hobbies?"

Mostly writing but I also enjoy singing and playing the ukulele as well as video games once in a while!

4) "When did you start writing and why?"

I started writing more seriously just over three years ago in a really dark time in my life. I was going through a break up along with struggling with some mental health issues. It was a really dark time for me but I distracted myself with my writing and found it to be a great distraction.

5) "Which was your first story generally?"

My first story that I published on here was We Are Astray but I have other completed stories written before then that I never published.

6) "Do you write in some other website except Wattpad?"

No, I haven’t. I absolutely love Wattpad and can’t imagine writing on another app/website!

7) "What has given you motive to keep on writing?"

Writing is my passion and what I feel I was meant to do with my life. The constant love and support from my readers and family helps but honestly, I can’t imagine spending my time doing anything else! To keep writing I just make sure to seek out inspiration and force myself to write just a little bit each day, even if I have writer’s block.

8 )"Have you ever wanted to give up everything? (writing I mean)"

There have been days when I’ve thought about starting over but I’ve never wanted to just stop writing. It gets difficult sometimes when the doubt starts to creep in but then I remember that I genuinely enjoy what I’m writing and need to stick with it.

9) "Which is your favorite story on Wattpad?"

That’s a tricky one, hehe! I really enjoy a lot of stories on here. I mean, I know I’ll get some hate on this but I really did enjoy After. But there are so many other books besides that one that I love too, too many to name really!

10) "Have you gained any friendship from Wattpad? If yes, which are your Wattpad friends?"

Yes, I have! I’m so lucky to have met such lovely people on here!

I love @babyhoneyangel, @thereyouzayn and @missunderhood! They’ve been so lovely to me!

I’ve met tons of other wonderful people on here too but these three are who I chat with the most!

11) "Do you relate with any of your characters from your books? If yes, which one and which characteristics are similar?"

I find I put at least a little piece of myself in all of my characters. For example, my main character from Lovely Shades of Red, Thea Davids, shares quite a bit of herself with me. We both are quite hard on ourselves, quite self deprecating and self hating at times. We also don’t necessarily trust our own judgement. There’s more to us that is similar but you’ll find that out about her in later books.