@WalkStar

WalkStar

1) "Name?"

Annie Walker.

2) "Age?"

42.

3)" What are your hobbies?"

Reading, writing, posting pictures of my cats on the Internet lol (insta: @Molly.Milt.MickJammerandTeddy)

4) "When did you start writing and why?"

I think I’ve always been a writer. I had a pretty traumatic childhood and developed insomnia at around 7 years old. I remember waking my mom up in the middle of the night, and her sleepily saying to me, “tell yourself a story.” For whatever reason, that stuck with me, and for the next 35 years, I have fallen to sleep with stories swirling in my mind.

I started writing those stories down seriously in 2011. I had this one story that was always in my head and I finally felt like I had to get it down on paper. That became my young adult book Black Mist.

5) "Which was your first story generally?"

My first story at all was Black Mist, a young adult urban fantasy. The main character, Rose is an empathic healer, meaning she can heal by touching someone’s body, but she will have to suffer as they did before her body rids the injury/illness. My first story on wattpad was written in 2014. THE OTHER ONE is a semi autobiographical story about an actress who struggling to find herself, to forgive and to love, after losing her brother to suicide and facing years of abuse at the hands of her dysfunctional parents. She meets Harry Styles, a struggling creative writing student, and finds love, forgiveness, and her true self which was hidden under the surface all along.

6) "Do you write in some other website except Wattpad?"

I don’t. I do read on AO3 but I’ve never posted there or any other sites, unless you count my highly amusing tweets.

7) "What has given you motive to keep on writing?"

This is a hard question to answer. I have lots of motivation and lots of stories in my head. But I haven’t been writing much the last few years due to a physical condition that causes pain while sitting or standing for long periods. It makes it extremely difficult to write, as pain is quite distracting. But sheesh back to the question at hand. I think for me the motivation to write is the stories and characters themselves. I don’t always know where my brain is going to take things, but I want to know, just like a reader, how these stories unfold.

8 )"Have you ever wanted to give up everything? (writing I mean)"

No! I love writing. I truly felt like I had found myself when I finished my first book. If anything, I am dying to be able to write again because I feel like a piece of me is missing. I have felt the desire to leave wattpad, after some unpleasant interactions with other writers who were bullies/trolls. I feel a certain loyalty, though, to the people who’ve read and supported my work here.

9) "Which is your favorite story on Wattpad?"

Of mine or anyone’s? Anyone’s, it would have to be Confessions of a Gay Disney Prince by @jeddiejay. Of mine, The Other One is extremely personal and I’ll always hold it dear to my heart. I know we can’t just say all of our stories but I’m also extremely proud of my two Larry shorts, BOYS OF SUMMER, about the first openly gay baseball player, and IN THE DARK, about a blind graduate student who falls for his assistive aide.