2. The unexpected

Tony was acting quite weird after his return from Afghanistan, the very first thing he did as he stepped into the country was held a press conference in which Obadiah had to literally pull Tony off the stage before he submerged Stark industries. The company which his father had built from scratch was now a problem to Tony & we didn't know why, all we knew was he had been gone for long & he had faced hardships & he might have seen & done things unimaginable & that does change a man. He seemed traumatised & out of reach & me out of all the people didn't have a clue about what's on his mind.

"You need a break" I said as I walked into Tony's garage, it was more like his personal workspace/workshop rather than a car garage. He seemed quite occupied with his work, working on some blueprints that he didn't notice me sliding in "Tony?" I cleared my throat as I stood behind him.

"Honey, I didn't see you there" he smiled a bit as he turned around "you're busy, I see" I muttered as he shook his head & pulled me into a hug "I love the way you smell" he said as he sniffed me.

"Stop it" I murmured as I backed away "why?" he looked at me as I chuckled a bit "you're acting like a puppy".

"I'm your puppy" he said sheepishly as we both began to giggle "what are you upto?" I asked as I looked down on his blueprints.

"Something big" he said as I concentrated on the prints, it looked like a robot of some sort "Are you building a robot?" I questioned.

"Something better" he smirked as I pressed my lips "a weapon" I assumed, not paying much importance on his blueprints. After all he's a creator & he creates stuffs that I least care about.

"You will see" he said proudly as I slapped his arms gently "you ass".

"You know I'm ticklish, don't you?" he grinned as I rolled my eyes "I can't with you, Tony" then I noticed his chest glowing, for a moment I forgot that he had that thing on his chest. After he came back from Afghanistan he came attached with a big chunk of metal on his chest, the only thing that's keeping him alive & I'm still not used to it.

"Stop giving me that uncomfortable stare" he poked my nose as I realised what I was doing "I'm sorry" I apologised as he chuckled "I'm just kidding, you know that right?"

"It must have been so painful Tony & the things you had to go through alone, I'm very sorry we took so long to find you" I said slowly as I got flashbacks.

"Hey, I'm not gone" he said as I forced a smile "promise me, you won't do anything stupid like that ever again" I looked at him as he nodded "I promise, I'd never ever leave you ever again".

"I can't imagine my life without you" I said as I laid my head on his chest as he embraced me "you were the only thing that kept me going on that cave".

"I hope one day you will be able to tell me, what exactly happened there" I murmured as he rest his chin on my head "I'll babe" as he kissed my head.

"Good morning" Obadiah wished me as I walked into my office "good morning" I wished him back as he smiled & asked "how's Tony?"

"He's doing better actually" I responded as I sat on my seat "I didn't expect you here" I looked at him as he took the seat opposite to me.

"I was just passing by so, I thought I'd drop in & say hi" he told me as I nodded. Obadiah was Howard Stark's business partner & Tony's mentor after his father's death so, he's more like a father to Tony than his mentor or uncle "how's work?" He asked me.

"Quite okay" I chuckled a bit "and back there?" I asked hesitantly after Tony's mental breakdown at the press conference a week ago.

"All good" he said confidently as I gave a sigh of relief "do you guys talk about Afghanistan?" he looked at me as I shook my head "it's a sensitive topic & I want to give him sometime, before I confront him about everything".

"Yes, I know but don't you want to know how he escaped from that cave" he said slowly.

"The military rescued him, of course" I stated.

"No, they didn't. He escaped by himself & they found him in the desert" he told me.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I've sources" he mentioned.

"Why does it matter, he's safe now isn't he?" I said as I put my glasses on.

"Because the cave that he was in was untraceable & there was an army with him so, how can one man himself defeat a god damn army & escape without any help or weapons. Don't you find it a little bit suspicious" he said.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him in confusion.

"I'm just saying that, Tony's hiding something from us. Something big" he stared at me as if something really big has happened without the knowledge of the world.