13. True love kiss

"Coco" Tony beamed as he saw me besides his bed "are you okay?" I asked as he nodded. "Thank god" I said to myself as I kissed his forehead.

"Was I gone for long?" He asked.

"No, just a couple of hours" I smiled as Happy & Pepper smiled at him "welcome back boss".

"What did I miss?" He asked as Pepper switch on the Tv, where all over the news was him flying in his iron suit fighting Obadiah.

"You know what they are calling you?" I looked at him as she shook his head "ironman" I smirked.

"Actually! That's not a bad name, ironman" he said proudly as Happy & Pepper walked out of the room.

"I don't know Tony, I still think it's a bad idea" I murmured as he hold my hands "I know you are worried...but hey, I'm safe ain't I?" he smiled as he kissed my hand.

"That was just Obadiah Tony, but now the world" I sat besides him as my expression fell.

"No matter what babe, I'll always keep you safe. I promise" he looked at me.

"I'm more worried about you Tony" I said as he cupped my face "don't be, I am ironman".

"Don't get use to that name, you ass" I chuckled as he chuckled "you don't like it?"

"It's not that I don't like it, but am I giving you the permission to be ironman?" I smirked a bit as he giggled "oh! I forgot you're the boss".

"I'm so sorry about Obadiah & the arc reactor, that he pulled out from your chest to use on his own suit" I said slowly.

"So, pepper told you?" He asked as I nodded "then you know, who saved me as well right?" he smiled.

"Tony, that was nothing" I murmured.

"No, that was the reason why I'm alive today & breathing babe. When I gave you the old arc reactor that day to throw it away, you decided not to & instead frame it & give it back to me. Which I thought was sweet of you but it was like you knew some day I'd need my old reactor back & if you haven't given me that, one things for sure i'll be gone by now" he said.

"Stop saying that!" I muttered as he pulled me into a hug "you saved me, like you always do & I can't love you enough for everything" as he sniffed me "and you smell, wonderful".

"You are not less than Ice & Jerry" I teased as he chuckled "because I'm their dad, ain't I?"

"You are the best father" I smiled as we kissed "I wish we were in my room, instead of the hospital" he said as he gazed around.

"Ha! You wish, now try to get back in shape soon because you have a press conference in a day" I murmured as I stood up.

"And where are you going?" He asked.

"I need to see Cindy off, at the airport" I told him.

"Is she here?" He looked at me.

"She came with me from Hawaii & she's leaving today, she wanted to see you but you were asleep & she left an hour ago to meet grams & now she's heading towards the airport" I said.

"Do you really have to see her off, I need more time with my baby" he scoffed.

"Only if you have a friend like her, you will value it" I joked as I walked out the door.

So Obadiah after the death of Howard Stark mentored Tony & looked after Stark industries until Tony came to an age to take over his father's business, but when Tony's success grew & he got older Obadiah greed also grew & he wanted to take over the company but with Tony Stark around it was next to impossible so he made this brilliant plan that no one will suspect him. On Tony's trip to Afghanistan to display the Jericho missile to the US military, he was attacked on the way back & nearly killed but he survived. Then the ten rings whom Obadiah had hired to assassinate Tony finds out that it was the in famous Tony Stark & higher the bid on his head, in the mean time they keep him as an hostage to built the Jericho missile by scratch for them with the help a doctor named Yinsen. The same doctor who saved Tony's life when he was hit in the desert, he nearly died as the micro particles from the blast have hit his chest but the doctor found a way to keep those particles away from his heart so that he could live on.

On that cave Tony & Yinsen builds the arc reactor which Tony uses on his chest that replaces the big ass battery that he had to carry around before, Tony had idea of the arc reactor & how it functions because back at the Stark industries they have the same reactor that runs the industry. In secret they built the very first ironman suit with the help from weapons made by the Stark industries, the weapons which Obadiah supplies to the ten rings in secret. Tony & Yinsen make their first attempt to escape from the cave with the help of the suit but in the crossfire Yinsen loses his life but he gives Tony hope to change for the better & not waste his life. Tony destroys all the weapons & kills the army as he made his great escape but since the suit was fully not functional he ends up falling into the desert & on his way to civilisation, he was spotted by James Rhodes & his men & was brought back to US where he held his first press conference to end the production of weapons once & for all, until Obadiah pulls him off stage & gives him a vacation.

During Tony's absence from the industry right under our noses Obadiah was creating the replica of the ironman suit known as Iron Monger, with the help of some scientists. He let his men scavenged the deserts of Afghanistan to find the remains of the first ironman armour & piece by piece built him a new improved version of the suit but the only problem he had was he couldn't power it up. So he had to steal Tony's arc reactor right from his chest after tasering him, but to Tony's luck he had the first arc reactor that he built on that cave back in his garage. He wanted to throw it away but I kept it so that he always remembered where he came from as I framed it & gave it back to him with the words "proof that tony stark has a heart".

Obadiah had no intention to kill Tony by wearing his suit but when he finds out that his secret videos were leaked, the ones with the ten rings where they communicate & keeps Tony as hostage & the agents were after him he decides to kill everyone & escape, but Tony reaches the spot as ironman which leads to a massive fight between the two iron figures as the whole city gets altered & shocked & as it goes on live the whole world sees what was really going on behind closed doors. Then in the end Obadiah dies after getting a massive shock from the same industry that he has built his suit & falls to his death & as the world waits for an answer of what really went down the other night, I'm right here hoping Tony will not fuck this interview up.