30. Radioactive

"I cannot belief I'm going to watch Justin Hammer, on stage" I muttered as I took a seat.

"You will be more than surprised" Ryan stated.

"I heard he's working with Ivan" I whispered "Who the hell is Ivan?" Ryan nearly yelled as I hushed him "the man who attacked Tony, back in Monaco" I said slowly as he mouthed "fuck!" as Justin Hammer appeared on stage, he was in a good mood as he entered dancing & with a big smile on his face "kill me" I said to myself as I looked up at him, I really disliked him after the Senate & now after what I heard about him from Natasha I hated him.

As soon as he walked on stage he was blabbering shit about Tony indirectly at Tony's own Stark expo & he had the guts to do that, then he yelled "ladies & gentlemen tonight I'm going to present to you the new face, of the United States of America military...the Hammer drones ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES" he introduced ironman look alike armours to the crowd as they all applauded in joy "that's a hell lot better than some cheerleaders, let me tell yeah" he said cockily insulting Tony.

And then out of the blue he introduced James Rhodes in the armour War Machine & I was like "what, the fuck!" because I remember him flying away with Tony's armour but after that I had no idea, what he was upto then all of the armours saluted at the crowd & then in a fraction of a second Tony was on stage as ironman & the crowd went nuts "what the hell is he doing here?" I looked at Happy as he shook his head "no idea boss".

As Tony & Rhodey were talking on stage suddenly all the iron armours behind them began to aim their weapons on Tony "let's take it outside" Tony yelled as he flew away & the armours began to shoot aimlessly as the crowd began to scream & run in every direction as Happy & Ryan covered me as we ran for safety "what the fuck is going on?" I screamed in horror as everything was in chaos. As we were in a safe place Happy left with Natasha as she said she could help in this.

"You belief your assistant, can solve this mess?" Ryan looked at me in disbelief "she's actually a spy" I said slowly.

"What?" He was in literal shock.

"She works for a man named Nick Fury under S.H.I.E.L.D & she was appointed to keep an eye on Tony along with agent Coulson & you know what, there's an avenger initiative going on as well" I told him as his jaws dropped "are you fucking kidding me, is this for real?"

"I ask myself the same question everyday brother & yes, it is...welcome to my world" I murmured.

"How cool is that?" he squealed in excitement as I rolled my eyes "I can't with you".

"Being a friend of Tony has only been a blessing" he smirked as I folded my arms "his life is in constant danger & you are saying this".

"He's ironman, I'd give anything to be ironman" he said proudly as I chuckled "there's an ocean of difference between you & Tony, even though he's a billionaire, he's a genius & a creator as well but you aren't bro".

"You say this cos he's your boyfriend" he looked at me as I shook my head "no" as Pepper came looking for me "Mam, you gotta watch this" as we followed her to a room where there were dozens of screens & in all the screens different drone images were shown of Tony fighting the iron armours behind him & to my horror even Rhodey was after him "why is Rhodey shooting at him?" I asked in horror.

"We just got the information that Ivan Vanko is behind all these, and he's in control of Rhodey's armour as well" Pepper said as Justin Hammer came forward "everything is under control" as I got really furious "this is all because of you Hammer" as I slapped him across the face as hard as I could as he took a step back looking quite horrified as Pepper & Ryan looked at me in shock "call the police" I told Pepper as she nodded "no, please" Justin pleaded.

"Stay away from us, before I punch that face of your's" Ryan threatened as Justin gulped in despair.

"Mam, Rhodey suit is back on track" Pepper said as I exhaled "thank goodness" in the back of my mind I knew it was Natasha's doings & I was very thankful "Mam, Mr Stark is on the line" Pepper handed me the phone as I stammered "you okay?"

"I'm honey, are you safe?" He asked concerned "yes, I am" I replied.

"I'm just saying we could be at Venice" he told me.

"Hey, it's me Nat" Natasha interrupted the line "looks like the fights coming to you, Tony".

"Okay, got to go" he said as he hanged up.

"Where are they heading?" I asked Natasha as she responded "after Stark, inside the dome".

"Oh my god!" I mumbled.

"It's okay, Rhodey is with him" Natasha said as I hanged up the call.

"I need to go there" I looked at Ryan as he shook his head as a no "no one is going anywhere, until the police comes". What seemed to be the longest night ever came to an end as the police came & arrested Justin Hammer & swept the premises clean, all the iron armours of Ivan were down & I knew that Tony & Rhodey has made it. I decided to stay back & wait for Tony on my own because I was sure he will be here any minute as Pepper left with Ryan. I stood there waiting, then suddenly I heard this beeping sound & red lights emitting from the iron armours that were on the ground "what the?" I said to myself & in an instant I was on the air as I could feel the heat below my feet as I realised the armours had blasted, they were equipped with bombs.

As Tony put me down on the roof, I looked at him in horror "what the fuck just happened?" Everything happened so quick, I didn't even get a chance to react or breath.

"Didn't you see?" he looked at me as I shook my head "I can't take this anymore, it's so stressful & you are on the verge of dying time & again".

"Babe" he said as he removed his mask & came closer "you have looked after me & taken such good care of me, and belief me when I say this...I want the best for you, with or without me".

"Will you be okay, without me?" I asked "I was okay my whole life before we even started dating, wasn't I?" he chuckled as I nodded "yeah".

"But that was just me living my life without a purpose but after you, I've found the purpose of living & I'm glad...I'm living every single day because I get to live for you" he smiled as he pulled me into a kiss "Tony" I mumbled as I moved my lips away "forget the world, it's just you & I" he whispered as he kissed me gently.

"You guys get a roof" Rhodey chuckled as we turned around & saw him staring at us.

"You get lost" Tony muttered.

"By the way, I heard everything" he smirked as he flew off with the suit.

"That's not okay" Tony murmured as I chuckled & kissed him once more.