14. I AM IRONMAN

"My boys" Tony beamed as he saw Ice & Jerry wagging their tails as he entered the room "you brought them as well?" he looked at me as he petted the dogs.

"They help, when I'm stressed" I admitted as Tony hugged me "don't be, I'm the one who's taking the interview not you".

"That's why I'm more stressed, I don't trust you" I murmured as I sat on the couch.

"Will this much coverage do, Mam?" Pepper asked me as she concealed Tony's wounds on his face.

"I guess" I mumbled as she nodded & walked out of the room as agent Coulson walked in & handed Tony a bunch of cards.

"So, I've to answer accordingly" Tony looked at him as he nodded "your friend James Rhodes was quite clear about it, ain't he?" Coulson mentioned as Tony rolled his eyes & walked towards me.

"Please don't say anything stupid" I said as I looked up at the screen where Rhodey was giving his live interview to the world "do you think any one believes that some body guards, just flew off Stark industries & fought with each other & in the blast they both were destroyed" Tony said slowly as I nodded "they will, if we know how to handle the news. We hide so many things from the public don't we" I said slowly.

"You should take a chill pill, babe" he smirked as I adjusted his tie "Rhodey, has done his part no one suspects you or anyone but the press will try to get to you so when you go up there please, just stick to the cards" he chuckled a bit as he kissed my lips "look after mom, dad will be back in a second" he looked down at Ice & Jerry as he walked towards the interview where the whole world was watching.

"I know, he's going to fuck it up" I said as Ana stood beside me "I pray not" Pepper murmured as she stood behind me as we all looked up at the screen in tension as Tony started his interview.

"I'm just not the hero type clearly" he said as tons of questions were laid in front of him.

"What the fuck! Is he even saying?" I clenched my jaws, as Rhodey whispered in his ears as he nodded thank god Rhodey is right there to stop him.

"The truth is........." Tony took a pause as he looked at the cards & then at the cameras, I was freaking out as hell & then he finally said it "I AM IRON MAN" as he said those words everyone in the room stood up & began to ask questions as I nearly collapsed on the floor but Pepper & Ana were quick enough to catch me "take me home" I said as they nodded & escorted me to the car as Ice & Jerry followed.