3. Stark

"What's happening out here?" I asked shockingly as I walked in, Tony was shirtless on the chair with Pepper standing right next to him.

"Ma'am" Pepper responded in terror as she pulled her hand as fast as she could away from Tony's chest.

"Ouch!" Tony squealed as he looked at me, they both were staring at me like they had seen a ghost or something "babe" Tony finally said as he slowly raised himself up from the chair

"I should leave" Pepper said as she quickly slide away from the garage.

"Am I missing something?" I raised my brows as Tony shook his head "hell no! What?" He laughed as he got up & wore his shirt "Pepper, was helping me with the arc reactor" he said as he gazed down on his chest.

"You need someone to literally reach into your chest, to let that thing function?" I was quite horrified.

"I'm sorry honey, but yes" he said slowly as he hold my hands "and I was about to call you because you have such petite & beautiful hands but then, you were with grams back home & I didn't want to disturb you. so, Pepper it was" he smiled.

"I know, I'm sorry. I mean there's been lots going on my mind these days but I know Pepper & I know you" I smiled a bit as he kissed my forehead "and I love you for that".

"But the next time you need me, call me. Don't scare poor Pepper off like that" I chuckled a bit as he nodded "yes, Mam. You nearly stared her to death".

"I did not" I scoffed.

"Oh! You did" he laughed as he walked towards the table where his blue prints were.

"You still with your robot thingy?" I asked as he nodded "yeah".

"What about work then?" I looked at him "you mean, Stark Industries?" He asked as I nodded. "I'd like to take a break from it" he responded.

"But you have been gone, for so long" I said.

"And I thank you all for looking after it in my absence, but right now I've more important things to do hun" he told me.

"Like building this robot?" I folded my arms.

"When I'm done, you're the one who would wanna ride on it" he said cockily.

"Oh! Shut up" I rolled my eyes.

"Talking about work, why don't you help me with something" he looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Find the perfect shade, to fit my project" he said.

"You mean this, the robot" I said as I looked down on the blueprints.

"Yeah" he smirked a bit.

"If it makes you happy, then why not" I said as he came closer "you want to run upstairs, for a break".

"The only break I want right now is from you, my love" I winked as I grabbed my bag.

"Wait! where are you going?" He asked confusingly.

"Since you are on a break from Stark Industries, I've to make a quick visit. There's a meeting at 4" I told him as I walked towards the door.

"That means you aren't coming back?" He asked as he stood on my way.

"I've dinner reservations tonight so, I can't" I said.

"I hate it when you have plans" he shrugged.

"I'm allowed to have plans, I'm an adult" I smirked.

"So when am I? going to get any break time with you" he looked at me.

"With this work schedule, I guess never" I teased as I walked out the door.

"Babe" he shrugged as he stood at the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I gave him a flying kiss as I walked away.

It's been nearly a week since I've not seen or heard from Tony, he was acting kind of off after Afghanistan & I was always the one calling him or showing up at his place & lately I've been busy & caught up with my work that I've no time to call or show up at his place & seems like he has no time for me as well. Relationships work both ways & in the part of Tony I can clearly see it has been zero since he came home & I'm the one whose giving all the effort & stress from work was also clinging me down. When tony went missing his company was at stake & Obadiah was under some health issues so, Pepper & I had to look after Stark Industries for a while even though I had my own company to run. My father invests in real estates but I wasn't interested in the family business so my dad built me my very own advertising company from scratch since, I was really interested in commercials back in the days but now my life has been a roller coaster ride since Tony & I know now advertising isn't for me.

As I laid back on my chair pondering, Ana walked in "Mam, you have a visitor" she said.

"Ana, I told you I'm in no mood for any visitors today" I mentioned as Ana nodded "but it's Pepper Potts, Mam".

"Let her in" I stated as I heard her name.

"Good afternoon, Mam" Pepper smiled as she walked in "hi, pep" I smiled back as she gently took a seat "anything?" I asked.

"Well it's about Mr Stark, Mam" she responded.

"What about him?" I looked at her.

"He's building something" she mentioned.

"Yeah, that robot" I furrowed my brows.

"It's more than that Mam, it looks like a weapon to me. If I've not mistaken" she said.

"What?" I looked at her in disbelief, I know Stark Industries makes weapons but a robotic weapon what was Tony upto & wasn't he the one who wanted to stop the weapon business once & for all.

"I think it will be better if you come right away & see for yourself, Mam" she said slowly as she stood up.