17. In the shadows

"Stark expo revival?" I looked at pepper in confusion as she nodded "yes, Mam. Mr Stark has been planning about this for quite sometime".

"Oh my goodness, this guy" I murmured as I looked down on the project that Tony was upto, he's doing it for a cause but is this expo revival really necessary at the moment? I didn't know & he has been obsessed with his ironman image ever since that interview & I've no idea what was really going on with Tony "the names you see here have approved of it, but Mr Stark wants your signature as well" she mentioned as I even saw my dad & Ryan's signature.

"He dragged my whole family into this" I rolled my eyes as I signed it "I just hope, for the best".

"Thank you, Mam" she smiled as she walked out of my office.

"Mam" Ana walked in as soon as Pepper left.

"Yes" I looked up at her.

"You have a visitor" she said as I saw James Rhodes walking in.

"James" I smiled a bit as I saw him walking in with a long face "Coco" he said as he shook my hand & took a seat.

"Anything?" I asked.

"You know, everything has gone wrong" he said as I nodded "yeah, Tony & his mouth".

"You know what's more fucked up?" he looked at me as I shook my head "there's going to be another live interview/questioning in Washington" he told me.

"What?" I asked in horror.

"The government wants to know more about the ironman suit" he said.

"that's bad" I murmured.

"You tell Tony, the good news" he sounded irritated as I rolled my eyes "I can't imagine, I'm doing this".

"More unimaginable things are coming up Coco, this isn't the last" he said as he stood up & left.

"I AM IRONMAN, you think you're the only superhero in the world Mr Stark you have become part of a greater universe, you just don't know it yet" I heard the voice of a man.

"Who the hell are you?" Tony questioned.

"Nick Fury, director of SHIELD. I'm here to talk to you about the avengers initiative" the man responded as I slowly walked down the stairs, the living area was dark & I could only see his shadowy image "Tony who is it?" I asked as I kept my distance from them.

"Hon, it's okay go back to bed" Tony said.

"You sure?" I looked at him as he seemed to be examining the man in the dark, whom I couldn't make out.

"Yes, babe I'll be right up" he forced a smile as I nodded & walked up the stairs. I sat down on the bed & checked my phone, Tony's house was full of cameras so I'm sure I can see who he's talking to in the middle of the night as I zoomed in I saw a man in black with a patch on his eye talking to him.

"Jarvis" I called waking the A.I up.

"YES, MAM" he responded.

"I need to hear what Tony & that strange man is talking about" I said.

"AT YOUR SERVICE, MAM" he responded as I could hear them clearer.

"Look Mr, I'm not interested" Tony said as the man chuckled to himself "I'm not asking you Mr Stark" as he handed him a card & walked away.

"Jarvis, who's that man?" I asked.

"I'LL LOOK INTO IT, MAM" he responded then in some seconds "MAM, SORRY BUT THERE'S NO INFORMATION ABOUT HIM".

"Hmmm, I see" I mumbled as Tony murmured "sorry about that".

"It's okay" I said as I quickly shut my phone & toss it behind my pillow.

"I thought you slept off" he said as he crawled on the bed "I did but a noise woke me up" I said as I supported my head with my hand.

"Yeah, I heard it as well from my garage" he said.

"Well, what was it?" I asked.

"I don't know" he stated.

"Are you kidding me?" I chuckled.

"Well, I wasn't paying attention. I was busy babe, it might be a plane or something" he said.

"Yeah, but that was close" I murmured.

"Forget about it" he said as he came closer.

"I've to wake up early, let's sleep" I yawned as I adjusted my pillow.

"You want to waste your time sleeping, when there's a million of other things we can do together" he smirked a bit.

"Tony, I'm tired" I muttered as I lay down on my pillow "babe" he frowned as he rested his head on the pillow "I love you" I mumbled as I kissed his forehead "now sleep".

"I love you" he pulled me closer as he kissed my lips "woof" I heard Jerry's low bark.

"Oh boy!" Tony mumbled as he saw Jerry on the edge of the bed "come up" I tapped the bed as he jumped on the bed "now we have to share the bed, with you?" Tony looked at Jerry as Jerry wagged his tail as if he was saying a yes.

"Sometimes they sleep with me" I murmured as Tony smirked a bit "he's a Doberman & Ice is a bulldog, they are the furious breed but they act like complete babies with you".

"Oh! Like you don't" I chuckled as Tony began to chuckle "I do not".

"Keep on denying, I'm off to sleep" I said as I rolled to the other side of the bed "Ice?" Tony called as he gazed around.

"He might be asleep, in their room Tony" I mumbled as I rest my head on the pillow.

"I'm going to get him as well & we will all sleep together for the night, as a family" Tony said as he got up & left, it was funny in a way but I was glad they were all getting along so well. Never thought one day Tony would be a dog dad but here he is becoming the person none of us had imagined.