25. Bad liar

"Who was that man who attacked Tony, at the Grand Prix?" I asked an agent who works for my father at Monaco "sorry Mam, we have no idea about him" he told me.

"Tony met him, did you hear anything of importance or things I should know" I looked at him.

"Palladium on the chest, a painful way to die...that's the only thing I over heard them speaking Mam because the room the man was locked in was sound proof" he said.

"He's talking about Tony's arc reactor" I stammered as I realised what it meant "find out more about that man & contact me asap" I murmured as he nodded & left "who is that man?" Cindy questioned as she walked in with a mug of coffee.

"An agent, he works for my dad" I told her as I zipped my trolley.

"Wait! You leaving?" she looked down on me as I nodded "I'm taking Tony back home".

"You mean this holiday is over?" she mumbled.

"The first day in Monaco & you see what went down, didn't you. I can't stay a minute longer, I need to get out of the city & I'm taking Tony with me" I said.

"Wait, let me pack" she murmured.

"You stay back for the night Cindy, I want to talk to Tony alone" I told her.

"You mean the whole flight, you & he alone...can you take it after all these" she said slowly.

"I've to because if I can't then you know, I'd have to leave him for good" I murmured.

"Don't tell me you're thinking of option B" she pressed her lips.

"I just need to sit down with Tony" I mumbled as I picked up my purse "I'll see you back home" I hugged her as I pulled my trolley behind.

The senate was blabbering nonsense on the news about the events that took place in Monaco as I watched the screen in horror as the past events came flashing through my mind, seeing that man attacking Tony & us being so helpless. He could have died if not for his suit but then this suit was the reason why everyone was after him. It was both a blessing & a curse & I didn't know how to even react now as Tony mumbled "mute" muting the senate on the screen as he smiled a bit & took a seat. "What is that?" I asked as he opened the lid "Your inflight meal, Mam. Bacon & eggs just like you like it".

"You made this?" I asked "yeah, where do you think I've been for the past three hours" he stated.

"Avoiding me, of course" I murmured.

"And why would I, do that?" he chuckled low.

"Because you know, you are going to get caught...what are you hiding from me Tony?" I questioned as he gave a deep sigh "I don't want to go home Coco, let's go to Venice...cancel my birthday party, be in Europe just you & I".

"Tony, that's not how it works" I said.

"But I just want to be with you & only you, and no one else" he said.

"I know Tony but it's been hard for me as well you see, you're always on the edge of a life & death situation & I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't stop you from doing all these crazy shits.....that will take away your life" I told him.

"Babe, you don't need to worry" he moved closer.

"Tony, you need to tell me what's the reason behind your craziness...if not I can't help you" I mumbled as he hold my hands & lay his head down on my lap. "You saved me long back Coco, when we kissed on that roof...you gave me a reason to live once more & not for myself but for the one thing I love & cherish & that's you" he kissed my hands.

"I know about the palladium Tony" I said as he slowly raised his head up "what?"

"Something's going on with your arc reactor, isn't it?" I asked as he shook his head "no".

"That blood toxicity level I found when we were in New York & now this 55% blood toxicity" I showed him the device as he searched his pockets "yes, Tony it's your's. When you were taking your sweet three hours time in the kitchen, I took it out from your coat" as he gulped "what is really going on, with you tell me...I need to know" I looked at him as he sat there blankly, I quickly pulled his T-shirt up when he was not looking & to the shock of my life saw those veins that were around his arc reactor spreading "what the fuck is this?" I yelled as Tony quickly pulled his shirt down "babe, calm down".

"What is happening to you Tony?" I asked in terror "it's just that the palladium is not reacting properly with my body" he told me.

"It's poising you, isn't it! oh my goodness" I stood up in horror "I never thought I'd see this day, I never thought I'd see any of these days" I muttered as tears welled up my eyes.

"Babe, hey it's okay" Tony embraced me "calm down honey, it's nothing".

"How can I calm down, I cannot...this is too much, what more are you hiding from me" I sniffed as Tony cupped my face "I'll find a solution, you know I'm Tony Stark don't you?"

"What if there's no solution, Tony...what if this time I lose you" my voice cracked.

"Hey, don't say that babe" he embraced me.

"Tony please...for god sake, leave this life behind...from villains attacking you to these blood poisoning, I don't know if I can take it anymore" I buried my face on his chest.

"I shouldn't be alive, unless it was for a reason, I know what I have to do, and I know it is right" he said gently as he kissed my head.

"I wish I could just smack you right now, I hate you so much" as I forced myself not to cry as my cheeks turned red, whatever I may say or do at the end of the day my heart always belonged to Tony & even if it hurts me that he is ironman. I knew it was a part of him & what he was doing is right but the thought of losing him, always freaked me out "I know you do" he smiled as he gently kissed my lips "I love you".

"I love you" I sniffed.

"There's a long way back home & we still got a lot of time, on this jet so let's make the best use of it" he smirked a bit.

"By that...you better be talking about ice cream" I chuckled a bit as he grinned "you can have all the ice creams you want on this jet & then, I want desserts" as he walked towards the kitchen.