5. RED

"Coco" James Rhodes smiled as he sat besides me, he was Tony's best friend apart from Ryan who was more like his brother & play boy buddy back in the days. Whereas, Rhodey was the more well behaved friend & the lieutenant colonel of the U.S. Air Force "Rhodey" I smiled back as I sipped my cup of coffee "any urgency?" I asked.

"Why?" He chuckled.

"You never ask me out for a cup of coffee, ever" I mentioned as he chuckled low "I wanted to make Tony jealous".

"Oh yeah! Like he cares. He's so busy in his workshop" I murmured.

"Yeah, I know" he said slowly.

"You wanted to talk about Tony?" I looked at him as he nodded as a yes "why?" I questioned.

"You know why" he replied.

"The armour" I stated the obvious as he nodded "you know it's against the law, to built or own mechanised weapons" he mentioned.

"I know, but he's doing it for a cause" I said.

"And you belief that?" he questioned.

"Honestly, I do belief him Rhodey" I answered.

"Don't be so naive Coco, you are different" he looked at me "and so are you Rhodey, trust me on this. He's on the right track" I said slowly.

"I hope you are right because I don't have a good feeling about this" he murmured.

"You are from the military, you never have a good feeling about anything" I chuckled.

"You mocking me?" he looked at me.

"I wish I was, but there's nothing to mock at" I joked as he rolled his eyes "you & Tony can join the sarcasm club because belief me when I say this, no one can roast me like you guys" he chuckled.

"And that's how you know, we are your true friends" I winked as he nodded "I agree".

"What the hell! happened in here?" I was in shock as I walked into Tony's garage, there was this huge hole from the ceiling above & two of his vintage cars smashed as metal scraps & bits of cements & stones were everywhere.

"I was experimenting, that's it" Tony smiled as he walked towards me "experimenting with what?" I shook my head in disbelief as he hugged me tightly "I'm talking" I said as I pushed him away from me "I want to know, what exactly happened here?" I folded my arms as he nodded & showed me the recordings, the things he was doing from his newly armour suit were incredible as well as deathly. I didn't know if I should slap him or congratulate him for his success as I stood there in front of the screen speechless.

"So?" he asked slowly as he hugged me from behind "you like it?"

"I don't know what to say, this is insanity" I muttered as I zoomed in.

"This is me babe" he said as he kissed the back of my neck.

"Tony! are you seriously going to wear this thing?" I asked in horror as I turned around & faced him.

"You don't like it?" he looked at me.

"It's about your safety" I mentioned.

"I'm safe babe" he smirked as he moved closer & as he was about to kiss me, I pushed him away & walked towards the armour that was placed at the centre of the garage "seriously" he scoffed as I walked away from him, I didn't have time for romance I needed to check this thing out.

"How does this even work?" I looked at the armour that was in front of me.

"It's powered by the arc reactor, on my chest" he smirked as he walked towards me.

"So, you wear this & it starts functioning?" I furrowed my brows.

"Exactly" he said as he stood besides me.

"So it's like a suit" I murmured.

"Yeah, kind of" he grinned.

"I don't trust it" I mumbled.

"And why is that?" He asked curiously.

"Because you built it" I responded sarcastically as he poked my rib "stop! you know I can't take that" I giggled as he started to tickle me "I'm warning you, I'd leave if you don't stop" I said breathlessly as he stopped tickling me. "I won't want you to leave, we have a long night ahead of us" he said cockily.

"With this thing inside the house, I'm even scared I'm here. It looks like it has a mind of it's own" I said as I looked at the armour.

"Well you're right, it's Jarvis" he said.

"You mean, your A.I also operates this thing?" I looked at him as he nodded "yeap!"

"How many things do Jarvis do for you, you are just a baby without him" I chuckled.

"But I'm your baby & that's the difference" he smirked & pinched my cheeks "will you stop doing all these, or I'm leaving" I warned as he nodded "Mam, did you find the colour for the armour?" He asked as I smirked "yes".

"So?" he looked at me as I walked towards the screen "Jarvis?" I called as the A.I responded "YES, MAM".

"Can you throw in some red" I ordered as he responded "RED" & got on with his work.

"Red" Tony said quite impressed.

"That's the colour of the first gift, you gave me remember?" I looked at him as he chuckled "how can I forget, Valentine's Day back then when I was a kid a red rose" he said slowly.

"And that was my first Valentine's Day gift ever" I told him "and you know what?" he smiled a bit "it was the first gift, I ever gave someone" he said as he kissed my lips.