19. New york, New york

"Darling, where were you last night?" My grandma asked as I met her for breakfast.

"I left early" I admitted.

"Another quarrel?" She asked as I nodded "things have been rough, between us".

"It's Tony, things will always be rough" she chuckled "and now he's ironman".

"I know grams, but I'm not like you or mom. I'm different I just can't take all these" I said slowly.

"No doll, you are not us. You are the stronger, better version of us. After your mom's death you were the light that kept your father going & you are the string that hold this family together & for Tony you are more than his girlfriend, you are his entire existence. You know why, because he's all alone in this world & you are all that he has" she said slowly.

"But grams, sometimes he annoy the shit out of me. Like last night, I feel like he's obsessed with his ironman image" I complained as she said "that's not an image my love, that's him. A better version of him who is trying to undo the things he did & is trying to save the world, you don't know Tony like I do my child. He will do anything & everything to protect the one thing he loves & that's you".

"I hope so" I muttered as I sipped my cup of tea.

"You missed a very special scene last night" she smiled as I asked "what?"

"Howard Stark on screen, it was Tony's idea to play his late father's video on screen for the world to see" she said proudly.

"Really?" I smiled a bit.

"Yeah & it was beautiful" she said as tears filled her eyes "I miss Howy".

"He's at a better place now, grams" I tried my best not to cry as she looked at me "when Tony was born, I gave my word I'll love him as my own but sometimes I feel like I've not lived up to it".

"Grams, why do you say that?" I looked at her.

"Because of everything, that has happened" she said.

"No grams, you love him like your own. If you don't belief me, ask him" I smiled as she smiled "I'll if you forgive him".

"What?" I chuckled low.

"Tony?" she called as Tony walked upto us & kissed my granny's cheek "I love you, beautiful".

"I can't! You were here all along" I looked at him as he nodded "it was her plan, all along" as he gazed at grams with a light smirk on his face.

"grams" I furrowed my brows.

"I can't see my two precious in a quarrel, ever" she said as we began to giggle "lucky me I've Ice, Jerry & grams on my side" Tony winked as I rolled my eyes "I can't with you".

"Me three, you zero" he teased as I folded my arms "not funny, Tony" as granny began to chuckle "enough you two, let's get on with breakfast".

"Yeah, we don't want to miss the most important meal of the day. Don't we?" Tony grinned.

"The most important meal will be when I've a word with you" I smirked as Tony pressed his lips.

"Tony?" I yelled as he walked out of the bathroom "what is this?" I questioned as I threw the folded paper towards him.

"What?" He questioned blankly as he picked up the paper & unfold it.

"Who is that?" I questioned.

"I don't know, hon" he responded.

"You clearly know her, remember me Tony call me & her digits in it with a kiss. What the hell is this shit?" I clenched my jaws.

"Look babe, I've no idea about this. I came out from the expo & bam! this blonde chick just hands me this paper" he stammered.

"Oh! a blonde chick" I folded my arms as he walked towards me "I don't know her babe".

"Clearly she's one of your flings, I'm sure" I said.

"Maybe, but there were too many...to keep count" he admitted & then he bit his tongue, what the fuck he just said he shouldn't have & now he can't take it back "babe, that's not what I meant" he said as I rolled my eyes & walked out of the room "babe" he followed me to the kitchen & Ana was there at the table with the laptop & she just saw Tony wrapped in a towel around his waist just out from the shower "I'm sorry" she quickly looked away nervously as she excused herself & walked out towards the balcony with the laptop.

"Can you please go & put some clothes on, before you freak more people out" I muttered as I tied my hair up in a bun.

"But you're not running away, in the meantime right?" Tony looked at me as I wanted to laugh, even when I'm mad at him I can't stay mad for long then I notice the thing on his chest his arc reactor it looked different as I walked towards him & put my hand on his chest "now you want to touch me" he said cockily as I looked up at him "what are all these veins, on your chest?"

"Nothing!" he mumbled.

"This is not normal Tony, what is this?" I asked as he stood there motionless until we were interrupted by my father "sorry" he mumbled as he saw me standing there with my hand on his chest & Tony with his towel, oh my goodness this is not what it looks like I thought to myself as I quickly pulled my hand away "anything dad?" I asked dad as Tony murmured "time for me to put some clothes on" & left the room.

"Me & mom are heading back to Malibu, just wanted to say goodbye" dad said as I smiled & gave him a hug "safe flight".

"You too, be back soon with Tony" he smiled a bit as he kissed my head & left.