20. The senate

"Turn on the TV" Ryan yelled as he walked into my office, Ana nodded & turned it on asap.

"What's the urgency?" I asked as I removed my glasses "Tony" he mumbled as I saw on the screen what was really going on, the day has finally arrived when Tony Stark was with the senates giving his live interview/interrogation, which I totally forgot about "Who the hell is this, Justin hammer?" Ryan asked.

"Sir, he's the CEO of Hammer industries" Ana replied "what the fuck is he even saying?" Ryan clenched his jaws as Justin blabbered.

"Rhodey" I stood up as I saw James Rhodes entering "hey buddy, didn't expect to see you here" Tony stood up & shook his hand.

"What is he doing there?" Ryan looked at me as I shook my head "I've, no idea".

"Why is Rhodey even saying ironman is a potential threat?" Ryan sounded irritated "it's not his saying, he's reading what is written" I told him.

Then Rhodey started defending Tony Stark as ironman as I gave a sigh of relief "I'm not a joiner, but I'd consider secretary of defence if you ask nice" Tony responded as the crowd giggled "we can amend the hours a little bit".

Then the senate played some videos of the damages ironman had done as Tony sat there uninterested touching his hi tech phone then in some seconds he did his little magic & grabbed hold of the crowds attention "if you would direct your attention, to the set screens I belief that's North Korea. Iran. No grave immediate threat here" as images of ironman copy armours popped up on screen "Is that Justin hammer? How did hammer get in here? Justin you're on tv, focus up" Tony smirked as he saw Justin on screen & boy, he looked pleased as hell as Justin tried his best to shut down the screen but in vain, finally he was able to shut it down by pulling the plugs "Wow! I'd say most countries 5-10 years & hammer industries 20" Tony said proudly.

"I'd like to point out that, the test pilot survived" Justin said nervously, as me & Ryan as well as Ana began to laugh as the senate stood up & started speaking "the point is...uh! your welcome, I guess" Tony interrupted his speech.

"For what?" The senate questioned.

"Because I'm your nuclear deterrent, it's working. We are safe, America is secure. You want my property? You can't have it" he dashed the table "but I did you a big favour" he stood up "I've successfully privatised, world peace" he showed the peace signs & the crowd gave him a round of applause "what more do you want, for now" he yelled in victory "I've tried to play ball with these ass clowns" Tony pointed his hand towards the senate.

"Fuck you, Mr Stark, fuck you buddy" the senate said as Tony nodded & wore his glasses cockily "were adjourned, were adjourned for today" the senate yelled as Tony grinned "okay" as he gave them flying kisses sarcastically "my bond is with the people & I'll serve this great nation at the pleasure of myself, there's one thing that have been proven that you can count on me to pleasure myself" his cockiness was on the top as he exited the building.

"I just cannot, with this guy" I muttered as I switched off the TV.

"Whatever maybe the case, I'm impressed...Tony Stark still lives up to his mark" Ryan said proudly as I chuckled "you & your Stark".

"Someone's in a good mood" Tony smirked as he walked into the kitchen & saw me cooking.

"I saw what you did back there" I smirked a bit as I set the table.

"Hmmm, impressed?" He asked as he stood beside me "I'd be lying if I say, I wasn't" I responded as I removed my apron.

"You look beautiful, you know that" he smiled as he rested his arms on my shoulders "freshen up" I mumbled as he nodded & kissed my forehead.

"So, what's for dinner?" He asked as I lighted the candles "see for yourself" I smiled as he rolled his sleeves up "your victory yellow tie, you're not going to remove it aren't you?" I joked as we sat down.

"Well my girlfriend gifted me, so" he smirked a bit as he gazed the dishes "prawns? You never make prawns" he chuckled a bit as he looked at me.

"I thought why not give it a try, you're the master chef around here...not me" I said as he smiled "babe, you know I cook only for you".

"Because you know, I hate cooking don't you?" I chuckled low as he nodded "yeah, but you made so many dishes tonight. I'm impressed".

"Because even when you piss me off Tony, at the end of the day I'm so proud of the person you have become. I love you" I admitted as he beamed "I love you more & I'm going to love this grilled chicken, the mashed potatoes & whatever salad this is".

"And don't forget the prawns" I chuckled as he smiled to himself "Yeah, first times the charm" as we dig in. For dinner I mostly make pasta or I order in, I'm the laziest when it comes to cooking but things have been up & down between me & Tony & I know I've been a little hard on him lately so to make it upto him I decided to make him dinner as he loves mashed potatoes & grilled chicken for dinner.