9. Roses are red

"Ice"

"Jerry"

I called my babies as I walked towards the stairs, they always greeted me in the morning but this morning it was different since I didn't see them loitering outside my bedroom. "What the hell?" I said to myself as I saw thousands of red roses in bunches decorated down the stairs & all over the living room "surprise" Tony said as he appeared out of nowhere as Ice & Jerry wagged their tails behind him, I smiled as I petted my dogs.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Tony.

"I'm here to apologise, I know I've not been treating you right & I'm sorry for everything" he apologised as he moved closer "will you forgive me?"

"Tony!" I nearly screamed as I saw him clearly, he had cuts in his arms & forehead "What the fuck happened?" I asked in horror.

"It's nothing" he said.

"You are hurt" I said as I gently touched the wound on his forehead, it was like a two inch cut not that deep but looks painful & the ones in his arms were kind of deep as he has plastered them.

"Forget about these" he said as he hold my hands "just tell me, you're not leaving me. That's all I want to hear right now".

"You piss me off so much, you know that?" I mentioned as he nodded "but I can't leave you, not now because I know what will happen if I leave" I said slowly.

"You know, I won't be able to take it don't you?" he placed my hand on his chest as I nodded "I'll always be here for you, Tony".

"And that's all I need" he said as he hugged me tight "I love you" he whispered as I whispered back "I love you" as Ice started barking "he wants a hug as well" I chuckled as Tony giggled & petted the two dogs as I headed towards the kitchen to make breakfast.

"You know, I usually don't eat bacon & eggs for breakfast, but with you I'm getting used to it" he said as we had bacon & eggs for breakfast.

"I usually eat this, you know" I smirked a bit as I gave a piece to Ice & then another to Jerry.

"I've already made arrangements for them, at our place" he said as he looked down at the two dogs who were expecting more bacons.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The empty room next to the bedroom, I've made it as comfortable as it can be for them & I've even constructed a mini playground for them at the yard" he told me.

"And I thought you were busy with your armour" I said sarcastically.

"I know me & my armour had it days but at the end of the day, it's you Coco. It has always been you" he said gently.

"You know, I hate you right?" I chuckled.

"I know you do" he smiled a bit.

"So Ice & Jerry, are you ready to move to your new home?" I asked the dogs as they wagged their tails.

"So, is that a yes?" Tony's face lighted up.

"Just tell me one thing first, how much did pepper help you in all these?" I asked.

"To be honest everything was my idea, except the red roses it was her's. She told me how much the colour red symbolises our life so" he smiled.

"I don't know what you will do without your Pepper Potts" I shrugged.

"She will always be family that's for sure, but without you I don't know how I'll even survive a day" he looked at me.

"That was the reason why, you never care to call or check on me. Don't you?" I rolled my eyes.

"If I tell you something right now, promise me you won't be mad" he said.

"Sure" I responded.

"To be honest all these time, Happy has been keeping an eye on you 24x7. He has been calling me & sending me videos & photos, in short he has been my eyes & ears on you" he admitted.

"What the hell Tony, you spying on me?" I looked at him irritated.

"I'm not" he defended himself.

"That's known as spying or stalking, you get it?" I folded my arms.

"Hon, I was really busy you know. I couldn't keep up with you so Happy has been looking out for you instead" he said slowly.

"The next time, you do anything as stupid as this. Believe me I'll come & smack you" I warned.

"Sorry" he apologised.

"I don't know what I'll do with you, Tony" I said as I tied my hair up in a bun.

"Let me help you with the dishes" he offered as I nodded & walked towards the pantry to feed my dogs "Tony, did you feed them half the biscuits?" I asked as I saw half of the dog treats empty.

"As a matter of fact, I did" he said as he cleaned the dishes "that's not how you raise dogs, do you even know that?" I said as I walked up to him.

"This is the very first time, I'm learning to be a dog dad. Give me some credits" he smiled as he wiped his hands.

"They eat twice a day & then they get treats, that's it. If you give them all the treats just like that & then feed them twice a day, you will spoil them" I said.

"Okay boss, I got it" he nodded.

"If we are going to live together, you need to learn how to take care of them" I said as I looked down at Ice & Jerry "So, you're accepting my proposal?" He asked cheerfully.

"Even if I say no, you won't stop that's for sure" I chuckled as he nodded "you know I never give up so, is that a yes?"

"It's a yes" I smiled as he smiled happily "I love you" as he lifted me up in the air as the dogs wagged their tales & barked.