27. Map that leads to you

Ever since that epic once in a lifetime party that Tony threw I've not heard even a sorry from him, typical Tony Stark & I just didn't care because I did try my best gave a 110% for our relationship to work as he juggled his life away as ironman & I had to look after both my company & his & even manage his on & off craziness. I did love Tony truly & there's no denying the fact that I wouldn't do a thing for him but I just can't see the effort from his side, I know he's trying but that's not enough because his craziness & ego outlaws everything else & I had my whole life ahead of me & I couldn't waste it in babysitting Tony forever.

As I sat there at my office which was once Tony's office attending an important business call & watching the news, where the reporter was roasting all of us for what Tony did in his ironman suit he suddenly dashed into the room "Mam, I told Mr Statk to wait outside but he didn't listen" the lady at the reception followed as I replied "it's okay".

"Babe" Tony mumbled as he walked up to me holding a big box of chocolates.

"Yes, but Tony would not be attending the meeting sir" I said as I hanged up the phone.

"What was that about?" He asked as he took a seat as I totally ignored him & watched the news "mute" Tony muttered as the Tv muted "babe" he smiled a bit as he handed me the box of chocolate.

"You know I'm allergic to nuts right?" I murmured as I saw it was chocolates with nuts.

"See there's a correlation between you & the chocolates, that's an improvement" he smirked as I rolled my eyes "what do you want?"

"I'm here to talk, you know I. I know I was a little over but I didn't want to. The thing is I just want you to know that. I did what I did because Coco. I just" as he was saying I interrupted him "Tony if you say another I, I'm just going to hurl something at you right now".

"Okay, sorry" he apologised.

"If you're done, you can leave" I tied my hair up in a bun.

"Babe, I'm not done" he shook his head as Natalie walked in "Mam, I need your impression" as Tony looked at her in disbelief "is your real name even Natalie Rushman?" as I got more annoyed "Tony, drop it" as Tony said "babe, you don't know her".

"I know everything Tony, I've seen the footage" I told him as Natalie walked out of the office.

"No, not that she's not who you think she is...she was wearing this cat suit" he looked at me as I got really irritated "okay, so you are roleplaying now...I just don't care about her & her catsuit or you & your ironman armour. Just leave" I stood up as Happy opened the door "boss, the car is ready".

"Babe" Tony expression fell.

"I had enough of your nonsense Tony Stark, I saw what you did at the party...to your best friend & you & Natalie, I cant belief it...I trusted you, it's over" my voice cracked as I walked out of the office.

"Coco" Tony followed as Happy stopped him "this is not a good time, Mr Stark. Trust me" I heard Happy saying as I got into the elevator as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Did Tony collect his stuffs, Natalie?" I asked as Natalie walked into the kitchen with the box of chocolates "yes Mam, but only the board" she told me as she put the box down.

"Oh! his father's project" I said as I peeped into the oven, I was making mashed potatoes.

"You okay?" She asked out of the blue.

"Yeah" I responded as I removed my apron.

"I'm sorry about the party, Mam" she apologised as I gazed at her "not your fault, it's Tony's".

"Don't get me wrong when I say this Mam, but he loves you truly" she told me as I forced a smile "but he will always be Tony Stark, I tried Natalie but I'm not good enough he will always be the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" I said.

"Everyone has a past Mam, even Mr Stark did maybe he was those back in the days & maybe he still is but one thing is for sure...he's not the playboy he use to be, he has changed for good" she said as I pressed my lips & said nothing, I didn't know why Natalie was defending him & I didn't know what even went down between them. I didn't have the ability in me to watch the recordings anymore because I didn't want to disappoint myself anymore & I didn't want to break my own heart by seeing them doing anything more, but when Natalie told me about Tony I did want to watch the recordings once more in detail to see what I was missing but I just didn't because if I see something I didn't want to see I know I couldn't bear it because I was just on the edge of a mental breakdown.