24. The grand prix

"And, why aren't you flying with Tony again?" Cindy asked as we sat on the plane.

"Because you know, long flight & me & Tony stuck in a plane alone...I don't want to imagine at the moment" I murmured.

"You live together" she mentioned.

"We do but it's different on land...here there's no escape, and I feel like he's hiding something from me" I said slowly "hiding what?" She asked.

"Something big" I stated.

"Like an affair or something?" she looked at me in concern "that's the last thing on my mind right now, he's hiding something else even Rhodey knows it" I rolled my eyes.

"Guess, he don't want you to worry" she said.

"He had created enough problems that has put his life in danger Cindy, there's not a minute in a day that I'm not worried about him" I said.

"I feel you but he's Tony, at the end of the day he knows what's best" she said slowly.

"I just pray I'm not going to get another shock of my life, like the ironman armour or another missing case" I shrugged.

"Just stop thinking doll, you have stressed enough let's take this flight journey as a relaxation trip" she smiled as I nodded "okay" we landed at the beautiful city of Monaco, I've not been out of town ever since my unfulfilled Hawaiian trip months back so I was rooting for this Monaco trip but since I knew Tony & I would be meeting for lunch at the Grand Prix with a bunch of other socialites I didn't have a good feeling about it.

"This is the first party you're attending as the CEO of Stark industries, and damn you look fine" Cindy smirked as I tied my hair up in a bun & I wore my little black dress.

"I hope it will go well" I murmured.

"It will boss" she smiled.

"But Tony" I muttered.

"He will behave, I'm sure" she reassured me as we got into the car, Tony was already there as we reached the venue as I saw Happy driving away the Rolls Royce "I think Tony just arrived" Cindy murmured as we walked into the party as dozen of hands greeted us.

"Mam" Natalie smiled as she walked towards me wearing a red dress "you & Mr Stark has just arrived on time" she said as I saw Tony walking towards us "babe" he beamed as he kissed my cheek "you look beautiful as always".

"And me?" Cindy joked as Tony chuckled "didn't see the beast, in front of the beauty" as Cindy rolled her eyes "guys" I mumbled as they both giggled.

"I wanna know why you left without me?" Tony looked at me but before I could say a word we both saw Justin Hammer walking towards us, we wanted to avoid him so we walked towards the bar but he followed "Anthony Stark" Justin called as he stood besides Tony "my least favourite person on earth, Justin Hammer" Tony mocked as Justin slapped his arms "how are you doing? You're not the only rich guy here with a fancy car". I forced a smile. "You know Christine from vanity fair" he introduced us to a woman in blonde as she smiled "hi".

"Roughly. Hi" Tony responded as I quickly recognised her she was Tony's fling before we started dating or should I say one night stand "big story, the new CEO of stark industries Coco Williams" Justin smiled widely as Christine gently said "I know, my editor will kill me if I don't grab a quote from a powerful woman like you".

"She's making a spread on vanity fair for me" Justin said as I nodded "yeah, she did quite a spread on Tony a year & half back I guess. Quite impressive" I looked at Tony as he chuckled nervously "yes" as Christine thanked me because she didn't know what to say, as she can clearly make out that I'm kind of irritated as well as pissed as I left for the washroom.

"Mam, your table is ready" Natalie caught up to me "I'm going to the washroom, inform Tony about the table instead" I told her as she nodded & left. As I was washing my hands Cindy stood beside me "we need to talk".

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"You're avoiding Tony" she mentioned.

"Uh-hu" I murmured.

"Doll, what's wrong?" She asked.

"I don't have a good feeling in my heart Cindy & then I see this chick, one of Tony's fling back then...I'm getting anxiety" I told her.

"Just calm down, Tony's at the table waiting for you" she said as I nodded but as we walked out of the washroom we saw all eyes were on the screen & to my shock Tony was on live tv once more "what's the point of owing a race car, when you can't drive it" he smirked as he stood with the formula 1 racers as the crowd went crazy "I'm going to kill this guy" I hissed as I ordered Natalie to get Happy.

"Okay now, you are pissed" Cindy stammered as we saw the race in action but to my horror out of nowhere a man in an orange jumpsuit walked into the race course & started to hit the cars with electric whips coming out from his back, he looked like an octopus & he had a very similar arc reactor on his chest like Tony's, what the hell was he doing attacking the race car drivers than my heart sank Tony. He was after Tony as my eyes searched for Happy in horror I saw him with the suit case, that holds the ironman suit. We quickly got into the car & raced into the Grand Prix as sport cars dashed against us & Cindy & I were tossed around like breads in a toaster. I really wanted to kill Tony that moment because he never learns & now he's endangering all of us.

"He got Tony" Cindy yelled in horror as she looked down on the screen, it was live on Tv. The fight between Tony & the octopus looking man & Tony had no armour.

"Happy" I yelled as he drove as fast as he could, then in some seconds we hit the man & Tony was up in the fences "you okay?" Happy asked as Tony exhaled "yeah" as he jumped down.

"Are you out of your mind?" I screamed.

"I was attacked" Tony yelled as he opened the door as Cindy looked at us in confusion, then to our bad luck the man cut the door off with his electrical whips as Cindy screamed in horror "hit him again" Tony yelled as Happy hit the man with the car again & again as the man attacked us with his whips, the car was falling apart like a piece of cake & I had no idea what the fuck was going on as Tony demanded his case. I just tossed it over as Tony quickly put on his ironman suit as the crowd cheered "that's the coolest thing I've ever seen" Cindy mumbled as Tony suit up & fought the man but he was being tossed up & down & my eyes were burning from the smog & flames around, but Tony was quick enough to act as he put the man down & removed the arc reactor lookalike from his chest as his system shut down & the crowd applauded in happiness. As the security came & dragged the man away he was laughing like a mad man as he spat at Tony as blood dripped from his mouth & I knew I've seen the worst of the worst & I didn't know what more to expect.

***

Stressed, depressed but still have the time & energy to publish another chapter 🤪 the only thing that's keeping my mind on track these days is WP & I wanna thank you all for your support 👍🏻😌