21. It's always you

"What were you thinking?" I yelled as I walked into Tony's garage.

"Hey, I'm thinking I'm busy & I'm thinking you're
angry about something" Tony said as he stood up from his chair & walked away.

"Did you just donate the entire, modern art collection to the boys scout of America" I followed him as he avoided eye contact "no big deal".

"Tony! That took over ten years to collect" I clenched my jaws but he was not interested at all as he touched everything he could see around him "the expo is a gigantic waste of time" I rolled my eyes.

"Did pepper tell you that?" He looked at me.

"She tells me everything, since you are not running the company anymore" I complained.

"And about the expo, there's nothing more important to me. That's my primary point of concern" he told me as I shrugged "the expo is your ego going crazy".

"Wow! Look at that, that's modern art" he beamed as he picked up the ironman poster frame got up on the table & put it up on his wall, was he trying to irritate me or what I didn't know "Tony! Your company is in disarray" I yelled as he looked down on me "excellent idea! I just figured this out. You run the company" as he jumped down.

"I'm trying to run the company" I muttered annoyingly as he interrupted "you're not listening, I'm trying to make you CEO".

"Have you been drinking?" I looked at him in shock "uh! Chlorophyll" he stated as he came forward "I hereby declare you chairman & CEO of Stark Industries, effective & immediately okay! Done deal" as he walked towards the bar.

"Tony! Are you insane? I've my own company to run" I shook my head in disbelief.

"I've given it a fair amount of thought actually & it's you, it's always been you & I'm capable of appointing my successor, my successor being you. Congratulations" he said as he poured us a drink.

"Tony, I cannot do this" I said as he handed me a glass of champagne.

"Don't think, just drink" he mumbled as he tossed & chugged down his drink.

"I'm leaving" I murmured as I kept down the glass & stood up.

"Wait! Coco" he followed as I turned around "this is your father's company, he built it from scratch Tony. You can't just hand it away to someone like me".

"If not you, than who babe" he said slowly.

"I cannot Tony, you're asking too much from me" I said "you don't want it because we are not married?" He asked out of the blue.

"What no!" I responded.

"If that's the case, let's get married right away" he suggested as I shook my head "you're insane".

"Than what's your problem?" He looked at me.

"This is a really big decision Tony, I just cannot accept it" I said as his expression fell "you don't want it because you don't want to be with me anymore".

"No Tony, that's not the case" I said slowly.

"Than what is?" He asked curiously.

"I don't have the answer for that" I murmured.

"I'll talk to grams, first thing in the morning & let her decide. Is that cool with you?" he suggested as I nodded "okay" because I didn't know what more to say "I love you" he smiled a bit as he pulled me into a hug "I love you" I kissed his cheek "you smell like chlorophyll" I chuckled.

"I've been drinking it lately" he smirked a bit as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"From whiskey to chlorophyll, I dig it" I grinned.

"Never thought one day my granddaughter will be part of the Stark family" grams said proudly as I signed the documents, she talked me into the CEO position of the Stark industries & I couldn't say no to her so, I'm here signing the documents in front of my whole family including Tony.

"I cannot belief you talked me into this" I murmured as grams chuckled "if you can handle Tony, this is just a company".

"Listen to grams, Coco" Tony smirked as Ryan & dad giggled behind.

"Will that be all?" I asked the lawyer as he nodded & left "who's running your company now?" Dad looked at me.

"Ana & Pepper" I responded.

"Pepper will be missed" Tony murmured.

"I've to look for a new assistant" I exhaled.

"I think no one can take Pepper or Ana's place" grams said as I nodded "yeah, that's why I entrusted them with my company. From now on I've to look after Stark industries on my own".

"Don't worry, I'll get you a hot assistant" Ryan joked.

"You mean a hot, 6 foot tall male assistant" I smirked a bit as Tony interrupted "no male assistant" as we began to laugh "seriously?" he looked at me as I nodded "you're the boss".

"It's your company now & I'm at peace" he smiled "then why no male?" I teased as he rolled his eyes "you know how I feel about males, around you".

"Don't worry son, her eyes is only on you" my grandma assured him as Tony smirked "is that true?" as I nodded "yeah" as he smiled happily.

***

Star Wars fans can check out "dark side" from my profile, it's a completed book on Star Wars fan fiction 😎