8. The red suit

"Did you watch the news?" Rhodey asked quite horrified as he walked into my office.

"As a matter of fact, I did" I said slowly.

"So you see, what your man is upto don't you?" he mentioned as I nodded "yeah". How could anyone miss it, Tony in his iron armour flew all the way to Afghanistan & killed the talibans out there & exploded their base camps & some villagers were the sole witness of a man in a red iron suit coming to their rescue but the US govt did cover the story up but there were speculations all around the world of an armoured man in an iron suit.

"I never thought I'd see this day" I murmured as he nodded "Same here & now I've to cover for him, can you see how frustrated I am & that suit oh my goodness. What really is it? You have any idea".

"Why don't you talk to Tony himself face to face, that will solve all your problems" I said as I adjusted my glasses "are you mad at Tony? You guys on a break?" He questioned as he sat down.

"As a matter of fact yes, I'm mad at Tony. You know why? because he asked me to move in with him & at the party the night before I was going to tell him yes but he suddenly decides to disappear, leaving me all by myself at the rooftop waiting for his return" I folded my arms.

"You ladies & your problems" he sighed.

"So, if you have any problem go & talk to him yourself because he don't care enough to even check on me" I rolled my eyes as I got on with my work.

"Coco, come on" Rhodey looked at me but I just Ignored him "I hope you guys work it out, peace" he said as he stood up & left.

I've never been this mad at Tony before in my life, I know somewhat I'm sounding like an uptight girlfriend but honestly after Afghanistan I'm the one who has been holding the relationship in place & Tony on the other hand was so busy with his armour. He has never checked on me or called & we have never had any dates or anything of that sort ever since because he was always stuck in his garage, he had not been going to work as Pepper & Obadiah we're taking care of his company for him. It's like he lost interest in everything & his only focus was his suit of armour, I get him he wants to change the world but he's ignoring the things & the people who loves & cares for him.

The other night there was this huge charity event that Stark Industries always throws every year & ever since Afghanistan it was me & Tony's first ever public appearance together as well as a date kind of thing. We slow danced to the music & we went up the roof for a drink just like my grandma's birthday & I was going to surprise him by telling him, I'm going to move in with him along with Ice & Jerry but before I could say a word he excused himself to use the washroom & then he never showed up. I was there waiting for him at the rooftop until the party got over & the security came searching for me, I was pissed beyond words & he didn't care to call or show up at my door & the next thing I see on Tv was an iron armour flying on the sky & I knew it was him. He just walked out on me from a very big party & then there he was flying all the way to Afghanistan to save the world. I couldn't belief it & I was pissed off as hell because if I was him, I'd tell the person I care for what I was going to do instead of leaving him/her at the rooftop at night all by themselves.

"Mam" pepper walked into the kitchen as I was preparing dinner for Ice & Jerry, it was Friday night & they always have lean chicken breasts with boiled rice for dinner on Friday's.

"Pepper, you're late" I mumbled as I looked at the clock it was going to be 10:00 o'clock.

"I know but I had to talk to you, face to face" she said slowly as she stood besides the fridge.

"If it's about Tony, I don't want to know. It's been three days & he don't even care to call me" I muttered as I peeped inside the oven.

"Mam, I know you're mad at him for that night but he's in bad shape" she said.

"How do you know about the party?" I looked at her.

"Mr Stark told me" she responded.

"Oh! So, he has time to tell you about the party but he doesn't have time to call, that's great" I scoffed.

"He wants what's best for you, because he loves & cares for you" she murmured.

"What's best for me is ignoring me, you mean" I rolled my eyes.

"He worries about you Mam, and he's guilty that he left you behind but when he went to the washroom he found out that the Stark missiles were in Afghanistan still. Even though he ended their production & publication so, he thinks it's an inside job & he fears for your well being because if someone is trying to target him, they will target you as well" she said.

"You mean, he went all the way to Afghanistan to destroy those?" I asked.

"Yes, Mam he did" she stated.

"Do you have any idea whose trying to stab him in the back?" I looked at her.

"No, Mam I don't" she murmured.

"Pepper, it could be anyone. Just keep this conversation between us, you got me" I said as she nodded her head "I'll Mam".

"Since you're here, why don't you have dinner with me. I always dine alone with my babies" I offered as she smiled "I'd love to".