37. The bitter & the sweet

(Play this song during the last part of the story only, this instruction is given because the 2nd part of the story is about death & loss & so it doesn't suit this music)

"Classy" I mumbled as I walked into Cindy's new restaurant in New York, she always wanted to run a chain of restaurants around the country but she never had the time since she was really busy with her family resort back in Hawaii but as her younger sister Isabelle has returned from Australia to look after the resort, she finally has the time to open her very own restaurant.

"You like it?" She asked nervously as I nodded "indeed, I do".

"I'm happy to hear that, shall we start with the tastings then?" She looked at me as I smirked "I'm only here for the free food" as she chuckled, we spend the entire afternoon tasting different kinds of dishes & desserts as we decided which was good & which wasn't by the time evening fell, I was already so bloated & full I couldn't taste anything anymore. I just needed to head back to the Stark Tower & have a warm bath & prepare for the meeting tomorrow, as I walked into the living area Jarvis greeted me & began to inform about the events that has been going on in & around. I looked down on the screen & saw images from the spacecraft "Jarvis you hacked their system?" I asked in shock as the A.I. responded "NO MAM, MR STARK DID".

"He let you do his dirty works for him" I murmured as Jarvis responded "I DO WHATEVER MR STARK WANTS ME TO DO, WITHOUT QUESTIONS".

"Because your a very loyal A.I" I smiled a bit "THANK YOU, MAM" he responded.

"Coco?" Cindy was yelling my name from the living area as I rolled out of the bed it was 6am in the morning, what the hell was happening down there I thought as I walked downstairs yawning "did you see this?" She looked at me in horror as she pointed towards the screens.

"See what?" I mumbled in confusion as I walked towards the screens, I focused on what was really going on I got quite horrified. It was the footage from some hours ago, the prisoner Loki had escaped & there was this big huge green creature fighting with Thor & tearing the ship apart whereas Tony & Steve were busy in the repair of the ships engine. There was commotion everywhere & so many things were happening around that I didn't know where to even focus "kill me" I cursed as I took a seat.

"I thought they caught the villain Loki, and it was over" Cindy said slowly as I responded "same". I just needed to know if Tony was okay so I picked up my phone & called him asap.

"Babe" he responded as I gave a sigh of relief "Tony" I mumbled "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm why?" He chuckled nervously.

"I've seen the footages" I mentioned as he gasped "Jarvis".

"You hacked into their system" I said as he responded "on my defence, I had to know what was really going on with S.H.I.E.L.D".

"Are you coming home?" I questioned as he replied "I will soon".

"Be safe" I said as he exhaled "I love you, take care" as we hanged up.

"Babe" Cindy voice cracked "what happened?" I asked, then I saw what really happened Thor had just fallen to his death & agent Coulson was on the floor bleeding "is he dead?" I asked in horror as I nearly chocked, I was not close with Phil but he helped Tony a lot & I'm ever thankful.

"Yes" Cindy nodded as a tear rolled down my cheek "I can't" I excused myself as I rushed towards the bathroom, one day I might see Tony the same way I saw Coulson today & I will not be able to take it the thought of that just pierced my heart as I wept alone.

***

( you guys can play the song now 😊 )

"Babe" Tony patted my shoulder as I turned my head & saw him looking down on me with a loving smile on his face "Tony" I beamed as I quickly stood up from my chair & gave him a bear hug as he kissed my head "I missed you".

"You okay?" I asked as he nodded "I am & you?" He looked at me as I faked a smile "I guess".

"I know, you & Phil had your days & I'm so sorry he's gone...we tried babe" his words heavy as I nodded "I know" as l buried my head on his chest.

"I'm going to take you out for dinner tonight" he said as he rubbed my back.

"Cindy" I mumbled as he chuckled "yeah, she told me about your little breakdown but hey...we all do that sometimes don't we?" as I gently slapped his arms "I hate you".

"Is that a yes?" He asked as I nodded "Y-E-S" with a big smile on my face. It was the opening night of Cindy's restaurant so Tony was taking me there for the night & I was excited because for a moment I forgot about the tragic incident & it was like old times, me & Tony going on dates without a care in the world. Cindy reserved the best seat for us & the view was the beautiful night city of NY & of course Stark Tower at a distance, Tony was proud as the lights beamed STARK "drop your excitement for a while, you have been admiring that tower of yours for the last 30 minutes" I chuckled a bit as I took a bite from my plate.

"I've been looking at you my dear, and how beautiful you look tonight...it's not that you don't look beautiful" he looked at me as I murmured "I know you Tony & what do you call yourself a billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist...ain't it?"

"Okay, for like 30 seconds...I've gazed at the tower because I wanted to see how it looks that's it" he smiled a bit "and hey, that playboy shit was before I was with you...how many times should I address myself to you as a changed man".

"Okay, maybe you're not the playboy you used to be but I know you have been gazing the tower from the skies as well...in your ironman suit. Let's not forget about that" I chuckled as Tony promptly said "I made up my mind the next tower will read COCO, you happy now".

"Shut up" I mumbled as he smiled "yeah, I've made up my mind the next big project will be COCO".