35. The sky is the limit

"Nat" I beamed as I saw her in the living area "boss" she smiled as she saw me walking towards her "you don't work for me anymore, Nat" I chuckled as she said gently "you will always be my boss".

"Well I can't deny I'm honoured, a spy like you would call me that" I smirked a bit as she grinned "the world needs more of you" as we hugged.

"What brings you here?" I asked slowly as we took a seat "you know, New Mexico & the avengers initiative" she reminded as I nodded "oh yeah, but Tony agreed to work on the project".

"I know Mam, but I came here for you" she said as I looked at her "me, why?"

"Nick Fury wants to meet you, in person" she looked at me as I gasped "why? Any problem".

"It's nothing like that, he just wants to meet you...you will be surprised how much he knows about you & your family" she smiled as I hold my breath, what the hell is going on?

The next moment me & Cindy we're landing on top of a big ship "is that an aircraft carrier? dope" Cindy mentioned as we both looked down.

"Now I can say, I've been here...done that" I chuckled as we got out of the chopper & Nat guided us inside. There were hundreds of people working inside the ship & I was speechless as well as thrilled, was Tony here as well? I didn't even care to ask because I was beyond amazed. As we stood outside the control room, it was like I was inside one of the Starcraft's in a star wars movie "this is amazing" I gazed around as Nat smiled "indeed Mam" as a man in black attire walked towards us "it's nice to finally meet you in person Miss William, I'm Nick Fury" he introduced himself as we shook hands "and you are Cindy, the best friend I presume" he gazed at Cindy as she nodded.

"How do you know me?" I asked as he chuckled a bit "I knew you since you were born mam, I'm a friend of your grandmother" he told me as I looked at him "for real? She never mentioned you".

"I know she didn't" he smiled a bit "let me tell you this one thing I told Tony, both Howard Stark & Sarah William were part of S.H.I.E.L.D".

"Oh my god! That's why she appointed agent Romanoff in the first place" I gazed towards Nat as she nodded "yes Mam".

"I should have know" I murmured as Fury said "your grandma is a very secretive as well as an intelligent woman...you should be proud".

"I'm proud of her, every single day" I smiled as he looked at me "and your the light of her life, she never stopped talking about you after you were born...she never wanted you to be a part of this ongoing battle in the universe but at the end she realised she cannot protect you by shielding you from the truth".

"What ongoing battles?" I asked quite confused "you will know very soon, my lady" he said.

"Are we up in the air?" Cindy asked as we both felt a sensation "I guess not" I murmured because typically speaking that sounds impossible because we were on a ship.

"Let's check it out" she called as she walked out of the sitting area towards the control room "Cindy?" I called as I followed, I was hooked on this book "THE HOBBIT" that I didn't want to move as we stood at the entrance of the control room we both noticed we were flying up in the air. My jaws almost dropped, how is this even possible then I noticed Fury walking in from behind as I turned around I saw this handsome looking man in blonde walking in with a guy with a slight curly hair in black. I had a déjà vu feeling I've seen the blonde man before but where I couldn't recall "interesting book you got there" the black haired man commented as I responded "yeah, I'm reading it".

"Tolkien is the best" he said as I looked down at the book cover & noticed the author's name as I nodded "indeed" as Fury introduced us "Miss William, this is Dr Banner & that is Steve Rogers & gentlemen this is Coco William & her best friend Cindy" as we all shook hands "he's so hot" Cindy whispered mentioning Steve as I agreed with a nod.

"So, when can I leave?" Banner asked as Fury replied "you are free to leave Dr, anytime you want" as Banner shook his head "that's not what I meant" as Fury responded "we need to find the tesseract".

"What is that?" Cindy questioned as Fury looked at her "a cosmic cube".

"So who has it?" Steve came forward "Loki" Fury said slowly as I looked at him "and who is Loki?"

"He's an extraterrestrial being from outer space" Fury looked at me "you mean an alien?" I asked.

"Worse! A god" he mentioned as me & Cindy looked at each other, how the hell is Loki a god? & if he's a god what kind of god is he? & why is he on earth & why did he steal this cosmic cube, these endless questions were running through my mind.