3

Later that day. Regina and Emma were heading to the Empire State Building to find Mr King. They are in the car now with Regina driving.

"Can we stop for a coffee" Emma asked as she saw a cafe up the street.

"No" Regina replied as she lifted her flask full of hot coffee to her lips. She took a mouthful and placed it in the cup holder. "I got one so I don't need to stop" she smirked as she glanced at Emma.

The blonde sighed and rolled her eyes. She then got an idea. She placed her hand on Regina's upper thigh and squeezed. The brunette tenses up instantly and looked shocked. She pulled the car over and slapped Emma round the face.

"Ooo that was a sharp slap. Good on you" the blonde said as she rubbed her cheek with a laugh.

"Why the fuck did you touch my thigh" Regina asked annoyed at the other detective.

"For you to stopped the car. Wait here. I'm getting a coffee" Emma smirked as she opened her car door.

She climbed out and closed it while laughing. Regina smashed her fists down on the wheel in anger that she fell for that. She couldn't drive off because her boss would fire her for leaving Emma there. She just sat in fury as she waited for the blonde to get her coffee. After a few minutes Emma came back and got in the car with her hot drink.

"Don't ever do that again" Regina warned not even looking at her.

"Don't be annoying then. I wanted coffee and I got it" Emma smirked before drinking her coffee and moaning in pleasure at the taste.

"Fuck you and your stupid mind games" Regina sighed while starting the car up.

She drove round to the Empire State Building. A queue led all the way outside. Both girls looked a little shocked by the amount of tourists.

"Were detectives. Do we have to wait" Emma asked looking at Regina cluelessly.

"Well I'm not" the brunette woman replied as she got out the car.

Emma copied and slammed the door shut. Regina glared at her since the car is her responsibility. The blonde sighed and led the way into the building. As they passed some people in the line someone stopped them.

"You can't cut the line" the man said annoyed he's been waiting for ages.

"This badge says we can" Regina replied as she showed her detective badge. She pushed passed him with the laughing blonde behind. They got to the front where a security guy was stood. "Detective Mills and swan. I'm looking for Mr King" Regina introduces as her and Emma showed the badge.

"60th floor" he replied stepping out the way.

The girls went into the elevator and pushed the button for the 60th floor. Regina could feel the blonde staring at her.

"What" she asked annoyed as her head snapped round.

"Why you so angry" Emma asked confused at the annoyed detective.

"Because I'm always angry. If you have a problem then stick it up your ass" Regina replied looking back forward so she doesn't have to look at the blonde. Emma reached forward and pushed all the buttons on the elevator below 60. "What the fuck" Regina snapped now looking round at Emma.

"Why you angry" the blonde asked knowing they are there for awhile.

"Because you just pushed all the buttons. Why do you think I'm angry" Regina snapped as she pushed the blondes shoulder so she hit the side.

"No before. Why were you angry" Emma asked calmly to the angry woman.

The doors then opened revealing no one was there. They both didn't move while they waited. The doors then close. They looked back at each other.

"I'm always angry. You know that. Everyone knows that" Regina sighed while rolling her eyes and leaning against the bar.

"Yes but why" Emma asked annoyed she hasn't said is yet.

"I'm not angry. I'm annoyed. My ex husband is a dick head and my daughter doesn't do a single thing she's told. They both think testing my patience is funny. Happy now" Regina replied showing she's not in a good mood.

The doors then opened again. The girls looked towards it and was silent. No one was there like the other time. They then closed and the girls looked back at each other.

"You have a daughter? I didn't know you had a daughter... or an ex. I thought you were married" Emma questioned confused at the woman she thought she knew.

"I'm divorced. I have been for 3 years now. Hence why I don't wear a ring. I have a 15 year old daughter. How do you not know this" Regina replied confused since her private life got around the department somehow.

"I don't listen to drama at work. Also how do you have a 15 year old kid? How old are you" Emma asked knowing Regina must be older than she thought.

The elevator doors opened again. This caused a long sigh from the brunette detective who frowned at the blonde. She hated this kept happening. The doors closed again.

"If you must know I'm 35" Regina replied not sure why she did.

"Seriously? I thought I was older than you. How are you 3 years older" Emma asked shocked at her age.

"I take care of myself. Although I've looked like shit the last few days. I'm just so tired I can't even cope with my own life and family" Regina replied ashamed of her feeling towards them.

"It's understandable that your tired. You work hard and then your family are a lot of work. That doesn't make you a bad person for wanting time to relax" Emma softly said with a smile to reassure Regina. The door then opened again. Both woman sighed and frowned at the doors. They then finally closed and the woman looked back at each other. "I know. I'm a dick" Emma said making herself and Regina giggle slightly.