28

Two days past. Regina was at the airport waiting for Dani. She had missed her daughter so much and eagerly awaited her arrival. Her phone the started ringing. She looked at it and saw it was Emma. Curiously she answered.

"What can I do for you miss swan" Regina asked still focusing her attention on looking for Dani.

"Crews called me into a meeting today. He congratulated us on our good work with Rosa's case and actually smiled instead of frowning" Emma replied with a chuckle at the end.

"Shocking. We did make a good team though. I will admit that" Regina added smiling subconsciously at the thought of the blonde.

"So did crews. He said we were very good together and wants us on more cases. I told him I wasn't sure about that though"

"Why? If we were good together why wouldn't you want to work together"

"If we work together it might make me asking you out awkward" Emma replied smirking a little to herself even though it was a genuine worry.

"You want to ask me out" Regina asked as she looked very curious but smirking.

"Yes. I want to take you out for a meal and maybe a movie or something. I don't know. I haven't had a first date in years" Emma mumbled a little nervous and embarrassed about asking.

"Whoa swan. I never thought I'd hear you go all shy" Regina laughed as she imagined the blonde all nervous. She then saw Dani going through the last security check. "I have to go. Dani is coming. I'll talk to you later" Regina quickly said before hanging up.

Emma looked at the phone confused. She wasn't sure if she just got denied or not. Regina chuckled as she knew that's what the blonde was thinking. She quickly opened her messages.

Regina: 7 tomorrow night. Don't be late xx

Emma smiled and slipped her phone into her pocket. Regina put hers away just as Dani walked over to her.

"Hey mum" she said holding her arms out.

"Ow I missed you mi hija" Regina said pulling the young girl into her arms. They held each other close. "How was the trip"

"It was great. How are things with you and Emma" Dani asked as she pulled away with a big smile.

"Nothing. I'm not into Emma" Regina replied knowing she was clearly lying.

"Mum I'm not stupid. I know when your lying" Dani laughed while looking at her like she was an idiot.

"Ugh fine" Regina sighed while linking her arms with her daughter. "I'm going out with her tomorrow for dinner and a movie"

"Ow shit! You are?!" Dani questioned with a laugh of shock and a huge smile.

"Language. Yes I am. Don't ask what I am because I have no fucking clue. I just like her" Regina replied making sure she was looking away from her daughter.

"I'm happy with whoever you date as long as your happy" Dani softly said giving her mother a sweet smile.

"Anyway enough about me. Tell me about Russia" Regina requests to get the topic off her.

"It's amazing there. I went sight seeing and ate so much food I can't even pronounce" Dani started to explain as she retold her whole trip.

Meanwhile Emma was at her house with Jake. Both sat in the lounge catching up.

"So that Regina seemed real sweet. I wouldn't of been able to do the surprise without her" Jake comments with a slight  smile.

"Yeah she tries to be bad ass but is a real softie" Emma replied as she smile thinking about the brunette.

"Your either dating her or have a date with her" Jake curiously questioned with a thinking smirking upon his face.

"Tomorrow night is our first date. I'm really nervous Jake. She's a straight girl as well. I do really like her and don't want to fuck this up" Emma admits quickly trying to get it all out as soon as possible.

"You won't. She clearly sees something in you that you need to give her on this date. Just be you" Jake replied with a chuckle at his sister's reaction.

"I haven't been on a first date in years. I was with penny for so long" Emma sighed while rubbing her eyes to relieve stress.

"But penny was an asshole. Take her to that lush place on Jones Street. I guarantee she will love it there. That's were I took Billie. She loved it there. I made that gorgeous girl fall for me with one restaurant. Take Regina there" Jake insists with a large smirk as he thought about the woman he was in love with.

"I might have to do that. Did you go to Billie's grave today" Emma softly asked knowing it was a slightly sensitive topic.

"Not today. I'll go tomorrow. Take her some flowers. If she were here now she'd slap me for buy her more flowers dead than when we were married" Jake replied refering to his deceased wife.

They met while fighting in the war together. The two started dating when they came home for a few months. The pair were married for years before she was killed during battle. Her ashes were brought home and burried here. She died a year and a half ago breaking his heart in the process.

"She'd be proud of you for being able to go back to war. God you were the cutest couple ever" Emma said with a smile as he thought about her sister in law.

"Hell yeah we were. I just wished we had a baby that's all" Jake sighed knowing they were trying not long before she died.

"Imagine you as a dad. With all the immature pranks you pull I'd feel sorry for the kid" Emma joked with a laugh that caused one from her brother.

"Yeah but they were funny. You were such an easy target as a child" Jake laughed remembering his childhood.

"Yeah but I could take you down now" Emma added with a cocky smirk.

"I'd like to see you try. Anyway back to your date with Regina. Take her to the restaurant and then go see a film you know she will like. Doesn't matter what you like. She has to like it" Jake warned knowing he went on many first dates before Billie.

"Dam. Dating is fucking hard work" Emma sighed making them both laugh together.