17

The next day. Regina has the day off. Dani is still not allowed in school yet so it's just the two of them in the house. Regina walked down the hall to her daughter's room. Knocking before walking in.

"Dani? Do you want breakfast" Regina asked as she entered the teen girls messy room. She saw her daughter with a few tears down her eyes and looking at her phone so upset. "What's wrong" Regina worriedly questioned while going over to the bed.

"I was dumped! Mum I thought I was in love" Dani replied now starting to let more tears out her eyes as she threw her phone onto the bed.

"I didn't even know you had a boyfriend. What was his name" Regina softly asked now sitting on the bed and holding her daughter to her chest.

"Zak. He was the hot jock of the school. I've been with him for nearly a year mum. Why doesn't he love me anymore? He dumped me for that bitch head cheerleader" Dani questioned half upset half angry at her now ex boyfriend.

"I understand it hurts. This was your first loves. You want to know how I see it" Regina softly asked as she rubbed her teen daughter's shoulder to sooth her.

"How" Dani replied now sitting up and wiping some of her tears.

"It's been said that we get three loves in our life. All needed to teach us a different lesson in life. Our first is when we're young. It feels like your in the fairytales I use to read to you as a little girl. My first love was named Bradley. He was a hottie and very much like what you said about Zak" Regina started to explain with a soft smile across her gentle face.

"I guess mother and daughter have a type" Dani chuckled slightly while wiping the last two years from her face.

"I guess so. As I was saying. We enter into this love with belief it will be our only love. It doesn't matter if it doesn't feel right because that's what we think love is at that age. Bradley was a surfer boy and a very big player. We didn't last long but I still thought I loved him" Regina carried on as she thought back to her past as a teenager.

"So your first love wasn't much better than mine" Dani questioned a little shyly but a hint of happiness she wasn't alone.

"No. Which brings me to the second love. The second is supposed to be our hard love. This is the kind of love that hurts us. We think we're making different choices than our first but somehow it ends worse than before. It's the love you'll wish was right"

"Was that dad"

"Yes. Your dad hurt me in many ways and I stayed with him because I thought he was my true love. When we met I fell in love with him and he wasn't the man I thought I loved" Regina replied with a soft sigh at the worst person she ever met.

"You said there was three. What's the third" Dani questioned curiously as she hoped her mother would describe her own next love.

"The third is the love we never see coming. It's the kind where the connection can't be explained. It shows us that love isn't how we thought it would be. It's the love that keeps knocking on our door regardless on how long it takes us to answer. It's your final love" Regina finished explaining knowing she doesn't have an example for her number 3 love.

"That sounds awfully like you and Emma" Dani smirked and she hoped it would be something like that.

"Dani I'm not gay" Regina sighed as she rolled her eyes and slapped her own head.

"You don't know that"

"I think I'd be the first to know"

"You'd be the last to know" Dani cut in with a laugh as she knew she was right.

"My last love isn't Emma. Trust me on that. She's a moron. Dani I don't want a third love. I was hurt a lot and I don't trust people. I only told you the three love thing so you'd understand your first love isn't your only one. Everyone thinks that. I promise you'll be ok" Regina explained as she got the topic successful off her dump partner.

"Thanks mum. How... How do you not hate me by now" Dani nervously asked while rubbing the side of her arm awkwardly.

"Your my daughter. I love you with all my heart. I'll never hate you. No matter what stupid stuff you do. I'll always love you" Regina softly replied as she placed her hand under her daughter's chin.

"Thank ma" Dani whispered as she leaned forward to hug her mother tightly.

They held together for a few seconds. Just enjoying the hug they haven't shared in a very long time. The two pulled apart and Regina stood up. Encouraging her daughter to do the same. They walked out of her room and went downstairs. Dani then got a message on her phone. She looked down and frowned before throwing it across the room.

"Dani! What are you doing? That costs a lot of money" Regina growled as she looked angry at the girl throwing her things.

"Dad wont stop calling or texting! Tell him to fuck off out my life" Dani yelled as she grew more angry thinking about him.

"Enough with the swearing. Just text him and tell him you don't want to talk" Regina explained with an exhausted sigh towards the man.

"I'm just ignoring the fucker now. I hate him. He's the biggest asshole around.
What he done- doesn't matter. He's an ass" Dani snapped but started to mumble near the end when she realised what she was saying.

"What did he do to you? Dani did he hurt you" Regina quickly asked as she looked concerned at her daughter.

"No. It doesn't matter. Just leave me alone" Dani huffed as she folded her arms and got annoyed.

"Dani answer me now! What did he do"

"He told me he use to beat you because he enjoyed it and if I didn't quit my shit he'd start beating me to!" she screamed as she finally said her fear out loud.

"He! Did! WHAT?!"