7

Emma and Regina were parked outside an abandoned cabin. They were on a stake out. Each had a cup of coffee in a to-go cup as they just watched the cabin.

"We've got all this time to spare. Want to talk about it" Emma softly asked glancing across at her partner.

"About what" Regina asked not even bothering to look across at the blonde woman by her side.

"About what your husband done to you" Emma replied causing the woman's head to snapped round towards her. "I know you said you didn't want to talk but it clearly was bad if you changed this much. I can tell your building it all in. I won't say anything just let you talk" Emma softly added as she could see in her eyes she wanted to.

"I haven't talked to anyone about it before. Why would I let you be the first to hear my terrible life" Regina questioned now looking back towards the cabin to avoid the green eyes.

"Because you trust me" Emma softly suggested knowing it's a long shot.

"No I don't" Regina simply replied now facing back to the cabin.

"Come on don't be a dick. Talk to me. I can tell you want to talk" Emma sighed as she rolled her eyes.

"Fine but if whatever I say leaves this car I will kill you" Regina warned glaring hard at the blonde. Emma placed her hand on her heart and nods with a soft smile. Regina rolled her eyes and looked back out the window. "He use to beat me everyday and if I didn't have sex with him when he wanted he'd beat me more. He was also cheating on me with exactly 23 different woman available when he wanted" she softly replied not even bothering to look at the blonde sat there. Emma just looked pure shocked at what she heard. "Don't give me that fucking look"

Regina knew she'd be looked at like that. She just stayed looking at the cabin for a few seconds while Emma processed what she just heard. She never expected that from her.

"He did what" Emma asked still in so much shock.

"See that's why I didn't want to say anything. Everyone would just look at me like that. I'm not talking anymore" Regina growled annoyed at herself for even talking.

"No don't do that. You need to talk about this. I promise I won't even look at you" Emma quickly said still shocked but hid it and looked back towards the cabin.

"Fine. Everyday he'd come home from work in a bad mood. If I was cooking something he suddenly wasn't in the mood for he'd punch me a few times and tell me to remake it. If I was doing something and he wanted sex I had to have sex with him or he'd pin me against the wall and beat me until I was drooling blood. About 2 years ago I had braces because he hit me so hard my teeth moved and overlapped" Regina explained trying to hide she was scared of her ex husband and just watched the cabin.

"Whoa" Emma whispered looking pure shocked at what she heard. Regina felt embarrassed and made sure she hid it. She just looked at the cabin and kept a straight face. "I know I said I wouldn't speak but ow my god. He done that to you? How could you-"

"Don't ask how could I let him do it! I didn't ok?! He pinned me down and made my life a living hell. I only got the divorce because I took him to court with proof he hit me. I couldn't prove anything else. So shut the fuck up asking me how I let him because I didn't!" Regina snapped as she cut in on the blondes question.

The brunette woman looked down and couldn't help the tears leaving her eyes. She sobbed hard but tried so hard to hide it. Emma obviously could see and hear her. Without hesitation she pulled Regina into her arms. Holding her close to her chest to let her cry on it. She kept her eyes on the cabin just in case but she continued to sooth the woman in her arms.

"It's ok. I won't let anyone hurt you like that again. I promise" Emma softly soothed as she rubbed her hand against the smaller woman's back.

"Why do you even care? You hate me and I hate you" Regina asked pulling out of her arms and looked a little surprised.

"Because I'm not a monster and I don't hate you. What he did was fucked up. Don't be upset ok? If I ever meet him I'll break his nose for you" Emma replied with a slight smile to try cheering up her angry partner.

"I tried. He was too tall for me so I just got him in the nuts a few times. He won't be having children again" Regina finally said with a little chuckle causing a proper smile from the blonde.

"You know your really pretty if you smile? You should do it more often" Emma truthfully said with a slight laugh to make it seem like a joke.

"And your an ass when you talk. Just focus on the cabin" Regina sighed as she rolled her eyes and looked back at the wooden building. Before Emma could speak a light came on in the cabin. Both girls sat up and looked more intensely at it. "Someone is in there... it's joe and another girl"

"Wait look at the hair. I think that's Natasha" Emma quickly replied as she looked closer to the woman in the cabin.

"I think your right" Regina agreed now a bit shocked this woman still existed in the world.

They two people looked towards the detectives in the car. They both pulled there guns out and started shooting. Other guns began to shot as well. Emma quickly started the car and reversed backwards.

"Ow fuck!" Emma shouts as she let her left hand drop from the wheel.

"Are you ok" Regina quickly asked looking across at her concerned.

"I got shot in the shoulder. I think it's still in and it really hurts" Emma replied as she stopped the car to hold her shoulder. Regina looked forward and saw people beginning to running out the cabin with the guns. She looked at the blonde and quickly climbed onto her lap. Kicking her feet from the pedals and replacing them with hers. "What yo-"

"Just trust me" Regina replied as she started the car back up and began driving.

She drove down the built path in the woods. She turned corners and found a place to park the car so it was hidden. Emma was still in shock by what just happened. She got shot in the shoulder and then Regina climbed onto her lap. The brunette parked the car and looked over her shoulder to see the blonde.

"You alright?" she asked looking worried for her partner.

"Yeah just hurts like a bitch. Thanks by the way" Emma softly replied as her breathing hitched at the closeness of the brunettes face.

"Its ok. We should get out of here. Keep pressure on your shoulder" Regina quickly said before starting the car back up.

Both knew they shouldn't drive like this ever but deep down neither wanted Regina to get off. Her body was pressed up against Emma's. the thought soon slipped both there minds when the sound of a car close to them started shooting.

"I have an idea. We cant leaving the woods with them following. Do you trust me Emma" Regina quickly asked as she looked worried at the road in front of her.

"Yes... do whatever you need to" Emma truthfully replied as she looked at the brunette beauty and realised she could trust her with her life.