13

It's the following day. Regina woke up in her big bed alone and just thought about her new day ahead. She planned what her and Emma would have to do today at work before heading for her daughter's room. She knocked and walked in seeing the girl sound asleep. She walked in and took the young girls phone as part of her punishment. Then left to go lock it in her draw and take a shower. Once all ready for work she went to the kitchen and wrote a note on a piece of paper.

Don't think your getting off lightly with this. I have taken your phone away and there will be no WiFi in the house so you can't watch Netflix or anything other than normal TV. I'd like you to help out cleaning the house today since your not allowed to go out because your grounded. Not a lot to do just vacuum and clean the dishes in the sink. I'll be home a little late tonight.

Regina left the note for Dani before leaving the house with her bag. She got into the car and took her phone out. Quickly scrolling to Emma's contact.

Regina: I'm picking you up. I'm leaving mine now and we have somewhere to go.

Emma: sure. Text me when your outside because Penny is in a bad mood today.

Regina: I assure you I was going to.

Regina started driving towards the blondes house. There wasn't a chance in hell she'd go up to the front door again after the stunt Penny pulled. Regina arrived outside of Emma's house and messaged her she was there. The door then opened revealing loud shouting.

"WELL I HAD WORK! OW MY GOD" Emma shouted into the house as she was walking out of it.

"I ASKED YOU BEFORE YOU WENT OUT! JUST FUCK OFF OUT OF MY HOUSE" Penny screaming as she came to the doorway very angry.

"ITS MY HOUSE! WHY DO YOU NOT GET THAT" Emma yelled as she spun round to look at her fiance annoyed.

"NOW YOU CALLING ME DUMB! JUST GO TO WORK EMMA! THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HER THAN AT HOME WITH ME"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? I HAVE TO WORK! YOU DECIDE YOU ONLY HAVE TO WORK ONCE A WEEK SO YEAH I HAVE TO WORK EVERYDAY! ITS CALLED HAVING A REAL JOB"

"REAL JOB?! FUCK YOU" Penny screamed looking so dramatically hurt by what she was just told.

"I'm going to work. You've already made me late" Emma sighed as she walked towards Regina's car quickly.

"DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM OUR CONVERSATION" Penny screamed now coming out of the house a little more.

"ITS NOT A CONVERSATION IF YOUR JUST YELLING AT ME FOR JACK SHIT" Emma shouted before opening the car door and climbing in.

"FUCKING HELL EMMA" is all Penny screamed before storming back into her large house.

"A penny for your thoughts" Regina questioned with a little chuckle at her own jokes. Emma gave her a side eye glare before looking back out the front window. "What? You can make jokes but I can't?"

"Sorry she really pissed me off" Emma sighed rubbing her head to relieve stress.

"What happened? That looked pretty intense" Regina asked now starting up her car against.

"She's pissed I told her I couldn't come to dinner yesterday. I was trying to tell her I was working and I don't like sushi but this is Penny" Emma replied as she just looked annoyed out the window at what happened.

"Don't let her get to you. I need you fresh for today" Regina quickly said trying not to show she cared a little about the blonde.

"What we doing"

"We're going back to the cabin. There not expecting us there so we will go in. Maybe there is something in there that will lead us to Rosa" Regina explained now driving away and throwing small glances to the blonde.

"Sounds good" Emma simply replied as she looked back out her side window.

"How was the soup" Regina asked hoping to find something to cheer her up.

"So good. You really are magical in the kitchen" Emma replied as she smiled at the thought of her dinner last night.

"I'm glad you liked it. I don't mean to brag but I make the best lasagna ever" Regina said as she smiled and glanced in the blondes direction.

"You'll have to save me some next time you cook it then. I love lasagna. Do you cook a lot" Emma asked knowing she must have experience.

"It's what calms me down. Ironic because in school I had huge cooking rage. As I got older it was my stress relief. Going through that divorce I cooked a hell of a lot of food" Regina replied with a chuckle at the end.

"I can imagine. I'm shit at cooking. Penny usually orders in" Emma sighed a little as she prefers a cooked meal.

"Surprising. I'd have thought she'd prefer to eat out" Regina smirked not helping the small laugh that slipped from between her lips.

"Lesbian sex jokes? Really" Emma asked with a chuckle and an eye roll.

Regina giggled a little for the first time properly in front of Emma. The blonde smiled at her as she heard the sweet sound coming from the brunette beauty. Regina noticed and glanced across at her. Still smiling but stopping her laughing.

"What? Sorry I couldn't help it" Regina asked as she bit her lip awkwardly and focusing back at the road.

"No not that. Although that was a low blow joke. Your laugh is sweet. You should do it more. You don't seem to ever laugh" Emma replied with a slight chuckle and a small smile at her.

"I don't like my laugh. I don't laugh for a reason" Regina awkwardly said as she blushed a little and tried hiding her face while driving.

Emma chuckled as she rolled her eyes and shook her head. She knew that would be Regina's response but she also knew that was because she doesn't like compliments. She just smiled and admired her partner's shyness. Why was Emma so attached to this brunette woman? She's engaged to the woman she loves. She can't like another person. She didn't know what to do.